Thursday 22 February 2007

Cracking Open the Fruits...

So, my idea to try out a slower Feast Breaking process was bypassed today after consulting further with David Rain of www.juicefeasting.com. David does not recommend taking the process any more slowly than the 6 days outline – here’s what he had to say on the matter:

“…you want to give your body enough solid food to prompt peristalsis, and small amounts of food will not do that. Your body can handle it - go ahead and eat, just according to the order and timing of the protocol…your colon will be glad to have something to work with.”

And so it was that, somewhat reluctantly, I started to add in juicy fruits again today too, along with the prunes…

Today I have had:

1 litre (1 quart) water with lemon and ginger
500ml (1 pint) prune soak water
7oz/200g soaked dried prunes
200ml (.75 cups) orange juice with hemp oil
1 litre (1 quart) celery/red pepper/garlic/orange juice
1tbsp coconut oil
½ tbsp dulse flakes
600ml (2.5 cups) water
5 mandarins
Water of one old coconut with green powder
A 1-inch/2cm thick slice of pineapple cut into chunks

Which is about 3.8 litres of liquids, or roughly 1 gallon…I guess that number's going to just keep on declining…hmmm…it feels strange to see that…

I am so interested to see how my body reacts SO precisely now to tell me when it has had enough of smthg. I have read often of this phenomenon – how a body that is very clean will immediately indicate at the point when it has had enough of something by triggering a change in the taste buds, so that something that tasted good suddenly tastes strange and unpleasant. I experienced that ‘tipping point’ with all the things I ate today. I am loving experimenting with mono-mealing for that reason alone….it’s amazing – something tastes good and good and good, then BAM, it suddenly tastes bizarre and I can’t eat any more. The strongest reaction came with the pineapple, which often tends to affect people strongly anyway – the effect was so instantaneous that I literally could not take another bite…prior to eating the pineapple, I realised I’d forgotten that it is a food that can be eaten, not just a juice ingredient…lol…I was deciding which fruit to eat in the evening and didn’t even consider the pineapple at first – I guess I’ve just juiced them so much these last months I’d forgotten it’s possible to eat them too…it felt very peculiar to cut it up and just put it in my mouth – no mechanical intervention inbetween…I'm definitely enjoying the fact that I can just pick something up and eat it now like that again - it feels strange still, but fun and cuts down meal prep time enormously ;)
I also realised today that I am almost entirely unequipped to eat solid foods in this house – I have never eaten here, so there are no plates, no utensils, no nuthin’ except mason jars and a couple of spoons…hmmmmm…could be a challenge when it comes to eating salads in a couple of days’ time ;)

So…how am I feeling now? Hmmmm…well, overall, still going great, happy to be taking things slow enough that it feels like each thing is fully digested in my body before I put something else in, getting used to the heavier feeling in my stomach and intestines again and noticing tonight that my scalp is very itchy again, which tends to happen when I’ve had more fruits than greens - I think more greens today would have balanced that for me a bit better…it’s definitely another new learning curve…another shift in gears...

I’ve been sent some great video links today for different raw-themed clips – here’s my favourite one – it’s a hilarious little animation about the perils of prescription pill popping

www.cafeoflifepikespeak.com/Videos/Licensed%20To%20Pill.swf


ENJOY :)
All love,
Angela. xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment