Monday 24 November 2008

On Philosophy and Freedom...

OOOooOOoooo LA LA...I have a VERY exciting opportunity for you yumsters today...
How about a FREE subscription to PhilosophersNotes.com? WOW, yummy...and not just for you – for ANYONE you’d care to share this with...now THAT’S a pretty generous offer :)
Brian Johnson, the creator of PhilosophersNotes.com has obviously donned the largest ‘philanthropist’ hat he could find and in his revelry, decided to GIVE AWAY at least 1,000,000 free subscriptions to PhilosophersNotes.com by the end of 2008. FUN :)
Personally, I’m very excited to see the impact this will have on the world, as I know for MYSELF that the PN.com download-able files have been SUCH a gift these last months in terms of inspiration and motivation.
If you’re not familiar with the site yet (I’ve mentioned it a few times before) – basically, Brian reads ‘self–development’ books and then makes ‘mini–CliffsNotes’ for them, to share on the site in both PDF format and as MP3s that you can download and listen to. Think titles like ‘The Power of Intention’, ‘A New Earth’ and ‘The Four–Hour Work Week’ – all those books that you might have been intending to read (plus others that might have slipped by you ;) and never QUITE got round to it... Now you can listen to a 20 minute summary, or read through a PDF file and get ALL the key ‘Big Ideas’ of that book quickly and directly (then maybe go and get the WHOLE book to enjoy afterwards, if you liked the sound of it ;)
I’ve been taking a lot of bus journeys recently and have got into the habit of downloading a few files from PN.com onto my iPod before I go out, then I listen to them on the way. I LOVE it :) My favourite piece of guidance that I picked up from the recordings recently was from the audio file on the book ‘The Other 90%’ (which I’d never heard of before). The idea was this: periodically, ask yourself if the point that you are at right NOW is nearer to your optimal vision for your life than the point you were at 30 minutes ago. In the last 30 minutes, what have you done to help yourself get nearer your ideal? (Or, what have you procrastinated? ;) I find this REALLY motivating. If I find myself drifting in my work day now, I just ask myself these Qs and it really helps ME feel more motivated to get back on with things ;)
SO, I would LOVE for you to enjoy a FREE subscription to this wonderful service too. You can CLICK HERE to sign up for free and get instant access to the Top 25 most popular notes. You can also send an invitation to ANYONE you like to enjoy it for free too – spread the love around :) TIP: Maybe try downloading just one or two files at first and see how you get on with them – don’t get overwhelmed by how many are on offer ;)


on November the 22nd I had:

1 quart water
little mug of rooibus tea
double shot of wheatgrass juice
2 cups energy soup with flax crackers and okra on the side, followed by goji/carob yumballs
little mug of rooibus tea
3 cups water
2 cups greeeen juice: celery, cucumber, endive, fennel, spinach, kale, ginger, lime
2 cups energy soup with flax crackers and okra on the side, followed by goji/carob yumballs and a slice of the most AMAZING raw chocolate cake I’ve ever had ;O
3 cups water

So, quite a few of you have been writing in recently to ask “What are ‘spirulina nuts?’’, so I thought I’d explain here, so that everyone can see the answer at the same time ;)
The 'spirulina nuts' are simply tablets of pressed spirulina powder – you can see them on the RawReform Store HERE. They’re really crunchy and chewy – Mr. Monarch started calling them 'nuts' because that's what Dr. Fred Bisci calls them and...it kind of stuck ;) You can chew on them, just like nuts. To my taste buds, the spirulina ones are good - the CHLORELLA ‘nuts’, however are AMAZING - soooooooo tasty - and I'm not usually into chlorella at all...I used to find it 'disgusting' in fact, lol ;) I think I love them so much because they're so CRUNCHY – which is rare to find in raw foods. I love them – I could literally just sit and eat them from the bag like popcorn ;) You can see the 'chlorella nuts' HERE.
Hope that helps...


on November the 23rd I had:

1 quart water
little mug of rooibus tea
1 cup greeeen juice: celery, cucumber, endive, fennel, spinach, kale, ginger, lime
2 cups energy soup with flax crackers and okra on the side, followed by goji/carob yumballs
little mug of rooibus tea
1 quart water
a delicious persimmon
2 cups green juice: celery, cucumber, endive, fennel, spinach, kale, ginger, lime
2 cups water


on November the 24th I had:

1 quart water
little mug of of rooibus tea
2 cups greeeen juice: celery, cucumber, endive, fennel, spinach, kale, ginger, lime
2 cups energy soup with flax crackers and okra on the side, followed by goji/carob yumballs
little mug of rooibus tea
1 quart water
1 cup greeeen juice: celery, cucumber, endive, fennel, spinach, kale, ginger, lime
2 cups energy soup with flax crackers and okra on the side, followed by goji/carob yumballs
little mug of rooibus tea
3 cups water

Awwww, I felt really moved to share this set of raw food videos I found on Google Vids yesterday, featuring a young man called Andrew Michell. I found Andrew’s story of ‘recovery’ with raw foods to be as compelling as it is unusual.
Andrew was imprisoned in solitary confinement at the age of 16 in the US, for a trail of crimes he’d committed ranging from thefts to vandalism to burglaries to kidnappings. He was in solitary confinement for 2 YEARS and then continued to spend another 8 years after that in prison. What impressed me so much about Andrew’s story was that during all that time in prison, he did everything he could in the way of ‘self–development’, including fasting, courses, reading, praying etc. In fact, in these videos, he states that those 2 years in solitary confinement were the BEST 2 years of his life, as he learnt SO much.
When he got out of prison, understandably, he felt like a bit of an ‘alien’ in the ‘free world’, after having been inside for so long, during some of the most formative years of his life. He was unclear what to do next and even what to eat. He knew that when he FASTED (on water or juice) that he felt great...and he could see that if he ate the kinds of store–bought, ‘SAD’ foods he was raised on, he felt extremely ill. He didn’t yet know what the middle ground was. He would wander around in supermarkets feeling like everything in there was crazy (I can SOOO relate ;). In the end, after a lot of reading and research, he realised that he could eat raw plant foods. Now he's spreading his message of AMAZING recovery from his violent, criminal, painful, destructive past into a life of raw food, self–discovery and PASSION to share this message.
I found his presentation on Google Vids very endearing – he clearly has SO much genuine drive and desire to share this info. It seems he put a lot of love, energy and work into this. There are 3 parts and I guess it comes to around 49 minutes or so in length for the whole speech – maybe you could watch it while making some juice or smthg ;) Thank you, Andrew for sharing your story. I still have a LOT of enthusiasm for getting raw foods into prison systems and your story inspires me even more on that mission ;)
Check out Andrew’s videos here:


All love,
Angela. xxx

blog comments powered by Disqus