Friday 8 July 2011

On Death...and Birth ;)

In case you didn't see my article in this week's RawReform Newsletter, I thought I would share it here too, as many people seem to be appreciating the message of this piece of writing...



I want to share a little insight that came through for me this week about death. Last week I experienced the death of a being very close to my heart and it was a really tender time for me as I processed the passing. I was led to ponder the nature of death deeply and here was the point that in the end stood out for me: death seems, to me, to be the separation of the physical form from the inner essence of that being. This may sound obvious...and yet to me it felt very releasing to experience the clarity that this insight brought me. In one instant, the physical body and the "soul", "spirit" or essence of a being may be united and then in the next moment, the two separate and we perceive this as a "death", yet the physical body is still there before our eyes and the essence of that being is still present in the ethers, so what changed? The two simply separated...the breath moving that particular essence through that particular physical form ceased and suddenly we here on this Earth plane can no longer interact with that being in quite the same way...here is the body and...somewhere is the spirit... We may connect to both and yet...the experience is no longer integrated in the same way.
Our lives here can seem so fragile - I think I often lose connection with this idea in my day-to-day flow of life, until the energy of death moves nearer to me, as in this last week, then the veil between this embodied life and the other planes seems so thin and easily traversed... I have been reminded often of the words of Carlos Castenada this last week:

"Death is our eternal companion.
It is always to our left, an arm’s length behind us."


On July the 4th I celebrated with:

1 quart water
1.5 cups mandarin/passionfruit juice
2 cups coconut water blended with Elixir of The Lake
½ an *amazing* cherimoya and a yummmmmers mango :)
bowl of energy soup fresh from the garden, with nori/fresh pistachio butter/sauerkraut on the side, followed by a hand-stirred yumpot of Brazil nut butter, carob powder, stevia, orange oil :)
2 cups water
water of a young coconut
a sliced apple spread with YUMMMY fresh almond butter ;)
1 cup water


on July the 5th I enjoyed:

1 quart water
3 cups watermelon/mandarin juice
2 cups coconut water blended with Elixir of The Lake
bowl of *AMAZING* grainless apple cereal from Lydia's Organics, with fresh apple and fresh almond milk with maca and stevia - WOW :)))
2 cups water
water of a young coconut
a few little nisr wraps with cucumber/dulse/Sea Clear/pistachio butter/sauerkraut
chunk of amazing cherimoya :)
1 cup water


Experiencing this passing last week, I felt the deep pang of sadness that never again in this physical form, in this life that I apparently currently lead, will I be able to interact with that being who passed in quite the same way...that not until I leave this physical form myself will I likely feel as clear a connection to that being as I did while we were both embodied...while I can of course connect to the ethereal essence of that being whenever I choose, the body of that being has long since been returned to the Earth and my overall experience seems to be one of separation. I can only imagine how utterly heart-wrenching this must feel for a parent whose child passes over - to live the rest of your own life here in this plane with only the memory of the physical form and the possible ethereal connection to your loved one...pheeeewwwwww...breathing deep for that one...and for all of those who work closely alongside death on their path here - my deepest respect and gratitude to you for holding a space of reverence around this flow of apparent separation and supporting those remaining here as they integrate the transitions...

Deepest blessings and softest integration fields to all beings currently touched by the presence of death, our eternal companion...and the circle continues...
;)




on July the 6th I loved:

1 quart water
1 cup mandarin/passionfruit juice
2 cups coconut water blended with Elixir of The Lake
bowl of *AMAZING* grainless apple cereal from Lydia's Organics, with fresh apple and fresh almond milk with maca and stevia - WOW :)))
2 cups water
water of a young coconut
chunk of yummmmmy cherimoya, chunk of delicious mango
water of a young coconut


on July the 7th I appreciated:

1 quart water
1 cup mandarin/passionfruit juice
2 cups coconut water blended with Elixir of The Lake
bowl of fresh energy soup from the garden with nori/SeaClear/pistachio butter/sauerkraut on the side, followed by half an apple
water of two young coconuts
a sliced apple spread with almond butter
1 cup water


...and on the subject of the ever-circling circle of life...we enjoyed a simply *wonderful*, beautiful radio interview last night with KaRa Maria Ananda of BirthEmissary.com - KaRa shared her insights on conscious conception/pregnancy/birthing/parenting, community support for the parenting journey, the hazards of modern birth practices, natural ways to manage common pregnancy concerns, unassisted birth, lotus birthing, the role of the placenta and much more - fascinating stuff :)
You can check out the free playback of this insightful interview over at http://www.TheRawFoodWorldRadioShow.com for a week - enjoy :)

All love and reverberations of joy,
A. Stokes-Monaaaaaaarch. xxx

blog comments powered by Disqus