Monday 9 February 2009

Would you rather be RIGHT or happy? ;)

A few weeks back I was listening to Abraham–Hicks quite a bit. One thread of what I received via that input seems to have stayed with me, slowly percolated through my consciousness and membranes and is now asking to be expressed. So, here we go... ;)
The idea was about how children in our societies so often seem to be raised to be in COMPETITION with each other, rather than co–operation and how we carry this energy with us into adulthood.
We are taught to compete in schools, compare ourselves to each other with grades and awards, shamed if we do not get things ‘right’ and so on. Children develop fears around making errors, being laughed at or being ‘wrong’. We might move from being content little 4 or 5 year olds before schooling to believing we are inherently flawed, unacceptable and ‘wrong’. We may turn on each other, laughing at a classmate who gets smthg ‘wrong’ for example, rather than offering support. No–one wants to be the one to make an error – we want to be accepted, we all want, of course, simply to be loved. We may learn to seek love through the marks we get in classes and favourable comments from teachers or we might rebel against the whole system instead and find ourselves deemed even more ‘unacceptable’.
The point Abraham–Hicks were making in the piece I heard was that now, as adults, any experiences that we had along these lines are now way behind us. That reality is not here anymore...and YET, so many people go through life still acting out based on things they learnt back then – comparing themselves to others, laughing at or shaming those they consider ‘wrong’, pointing out ‘errors’ in others’ behaviour rather than supporting them. It's like we still feel the pressure of those eyes watching and judging us, even though the source of that original tension is loooong gone. Many still exert that pressure on others too - collectively, we may keep this judgemental energy alive.
Where is the love here? Where is the co–operation and support? We are adults now and we also have free choices in every moment about our thoughts, words and actions...how about stepping away from any competitive, fierce, fear–based energy and reaching out to others with LOVE instead? As a ‘straight–A’ student throughout my schooling career, this all speaks deeply to me, as I can really identify with both the intense desire to ‘be right’ and get those grades, plus also the softening later in life as I step further and further away from that whole system, towards unconditional love.
I was an expert at working the school system – I knew inside–out how to get A grades and yet ultimately...it all felt very un-fulfilling and empty to me – my real soul was not being seen or nurtured – it was like I was just accurately jumping through hoops on command...
This also reminds me of another great little point I absorbed from Abraham–Hicks. A few times I have heard them mention ‘would you rather be right, or be happy?’ I absolutely LOVE that...love, love, LOVE it.
This speaks sooooooooooo deeply to me (especially to the very strong Virgo component of my being ;) Would you rather be RIGHT in a situation, or be happy? Is ‘getting your way’ and being seen to be ‘right’ your ultimate fulfillment, or sharing joy and an easy flow?
Abraham shared a wonderful anecdote about Esther Hicks to illustrate this: apparently sometimes Jerry, her husband, hooks up the trailer to the back of their vehicle when they’re in a tight car park space and she gets irritated by it, because she doesn’t like the extra effort it takes to get out that way. On one such occasion, as she was about to start trying to get the vehicle out of the space, she noticed herself thinking ‘I hope we don’t get out’ and she laughed out loud, as she realised she would rather be RIGHT about whether it’s a good idea to hook the trailer on now or not, than HAPPY and flowing along on their journey. ;) I imagine most of us can pick out similar examples in our own lives and relationships...and where can we trace these patterns back to...? (Please note that I am not seeking to 'blame' modern schooling systems here, nor trying to suggest that schools are the only arena in which children receive this kind of conditioning...)

Hmmmmm...well, maybe it’s time now to let go of any deeeeeeep old patterns like these and move into a lighter, brighter, more loving flow? Well, I think so and I MUST be right, because I just gave myself an ‘A’ in unconditional love flow, ok? ;)


on Feb the 8th I had:

1 quart water
2 cups home–made rejuvelac
bowl of yummmmmy broccoli/zucchini salad
little mug of spicy tea
1 quart water
20 chlorella ‘nuts’
2 little apples
bowl of grawnola with blend of almond milk/carob/maca/lucuma/yacon/cinnamon/vanilla powders
3 cups water

OOoOoOooo, it’s a full moon in LEO tonight, during the time of Aquarius – yeeeeeeeeeeeeeee–HAH :) love it...as you may know, the Stokes is a lioness and the Monarch is a water–bearing gent, so I was muchly pleased to read the following charming little write–up this evening about the merging of these energies, on Lisa Dale Miller’s AstroWisdom site:

“Some think that Leo and Aquarius are diametrically opposed to one another. But I find their synergistic and interdependent relationship unique among the signs. Aquarius demands radical change, which cannot be accomplished without Leo’s talents: unwavering self-belief in one’s personal vision and true leadership. Leo demands creativity and caring, which requires the Aquarian rejection of personal glorification in favor of global identification. When balanced, the Leo/Aquarius polarity works hand in hand to further the evolution of human civilization. Our new President Barack Obama is a Leo with a Aquarius rising, so he exemplifies successful integration of these two energies.”

YUMMY :) ...and I didn’t know that abt Obama – interesting...you can read the whole of her summary about this full moon HERE.
THANK YOU all SOOOOOOOOOOO much for all the beautiful birthday messages Mr. M received yesterday too – he was awash in a wave of raw love ;) May it all be multiplied back to you all manifold...


on Feb the 9th I had:

1 quart water
cup of Wild Power tea
2 cups green juice: celery, cucumber, fennel, endive, kale, Jerusalem artichoke, celeriac, ginger, lime
bowl of broccoli/zucchini salad
little mug of spicy tea
3 cups water
2 cups green juice: celery, cucumber, fennel, endive, kale, Jerusalem artichoke, celeriac, ginger, lime
bowl of chia soaked in blend of almond milk/lucuma/maca/carob/vanilla/cinnamon/yacon powders
little mug of spicy tea
3 cups water

I’ve been poking around for tooooons from my childhood a lot recently on YouTube, as I was making a special playlist for mmmmmmmmmmmmy sister, Nicola (whose birthday happens to be tomorrow, the 10th, which is also my 'half-birthday' – this is a definite power time in my connective field – she and Mr. M were born 2 days apart in the same year. Happy Birthday ;)
Well, you can listen to the whole playlist I made for her HERE if you’d like to get a sense of my childhood musical influences ;) LOL… I especially wanted to share one song below though – ‘You can call me Al’ by Paul Simon, filmed in concert in 1986 in Zimbabwe I think – so FUN :) Just try to watch this and NOT smile/wiggle/giggle/enjoy ;)


All love,
Miss Stokes. xxx

blog comments powered by Disqus