Saturday 12 July 2008

Free 21-Page Raw Lifestyle Guide... :)

OooOooOoooo, I have a very exciting free gift for you today :) It’s a 21-page up-to-date, worldwide list of raw food restaurants, eateries and contacts. NICE :) It is lovingly compiled and care-taken by John McCabe of SunfoodLiving.com and I think it is a BEAUTIFUL offering to the world :) I’ve set it up so that you can download it for free as a word document from my site, from HERE. You’ll see the link in the second paragraph on that page.
This list is AMAZING – it's not 'just' raw food resources – it also has info on all kinds of ‘green lifestyle’ websites and contacts – composting, green energy, foraging, tree planting, gardening, biking, community living, yoga and masses more. You’re also welcome to send in updates for the list.
THANK YOU, Mr. McCabe and...ENJOY :)

on July the 10th I had:

1 quart water
mug of lime/mint tea
handful of trail mix – goji berries, almonds, pumpkin seeds, pine nuts
3 cups water
mug of peppermint tea
2 yellow bell peppers, little box of cherry tomatoes = YUMMMMMM
2 cups water
2 cups green juice: cucumber, celery, parsley, tatsoi, kale, sprouts, sunflower greens, endive, fennel, ginger, lime
2 cups ‘energy soup’ with mung beans and coconut chips stirred in and a few fingers of okra on the side. YUMMMM. Followed by a little yum bowl of blended pecans/lucuma/maca/cinnamon with goji berries swirled in
mug of ‘choco’ tea
3 cups water

WOW, it’s absolutely AMAZING to me how sweeeeeeeeeeeet foods like tomatoes, bell peppers and okra taste to me, now that I’ve been off ‘fruit’ for so long...it must be about a month by now that I’ve been eating this way...and I’m feeling great. I grabbed a snack of some peppers and tomatoes for lunch on this day and it was just PHENOMENAL to me how sweet and delicious they tasted. As for OKRA – WOOOOOOOOOOOW :))))) Astonishingly, I have actually never knowingly had okra before (perhaps I somehow had it ‘slipped’ into some meal, without my knowing). I LOVE it. I am not sure how I came to be nearly 30 years old and have never once eaten this amazing food before...lol...I definitely would love to be eating more of it in the future – sweet, mild and crunchy, with a slightly ‘slimy’, soft inside...mmmmmmm...VERY interesting new find...we’ve been talking of cutting some open and serving them ‘stuffed’ with a dip of some kind...yummmmm...

on July the 11th I had:

1 quart water
mug of spice tea
glass of blended chia/greens smoothie
2 cups ‘energy soup’ with mung beans and coconut chips stirred in. followed by a little yum bowl of blended pecans/lucuma/maca/cinnamon with goji berries swirled in
3 cups water
mug of ‘choco’ tea
3 nori rolls stuffed with jalepeno hummus, avocado, cucumber, red pepper, sunflower greens, cilantro with a few okra on the side. Followed by a little yum bowl of blended pecans/lucuma/maca/cinnamon with goji berries swirled in
mug of ‘choco’ tea
3 cups water


on July the 12th I had:

1 quart water
mug of ginger tulsi tea
3 cups green juice: cucumber, celery, parsley, tatsoi, sunflower greens, pak choi, lettuces, endive, ginger, fennel, lime
2 cups energy soup with 2 flax crackers, followed by a little yum bowl of pine nut butter mixed with goji berry powder, yacon powder, lucuma powder and gojis
mug of choco tea
3 cups water
1.5 cups green juice: cucumber, celery, parsley, tatsoi, sunflower greens, pak choi, lettuces, endive, ginger, fennel, lime
2 cups energy soup with 2 flax crackers, followed by a little yum bowl of almonds blended with goji berry powder, yacon powder, lucuma powder, cinnamon, maca and gojis
mug of choco tea
2 cups water

A little reminder for any of you in the UK area that the Funky Raw/Space of Love festie will be happening in about a month’s time, in the beautiful Sussex countryside :) The festie runs from August 15th-18th and features raw food talks, live music, stalls, raw/living café, yoga, healing area, meditation, kids’ area, fireside drumming circle and mooooooorrrrrrrrrre :) Weekend tickets are just £60 for full price, with other concessionary prices available. See www.spaceoflove.co.uk for all the details...and hopefully see you THERE, down by the riverside ;)
The Festival of Life will also be rockin’ it in London on September the 27th. The Monarch and I are both scheduled to be speaking at this fabulous annual festie – see more details here:
http://www.festivaloflife.net. The festie offers over 30 free talks and workshops and more than 40 stalls covering: raw food preparation demos, superfoods, hemp, self empowerment, self healing, intuition, permaculture and environment, nature cures, natural cosmetics, spiritual/holistic philosophy, meditation, kundalini yoga, natural parenting, kids nutrition workshop and plenty of delicious, nutritious, fresh organic gourmet vegan food stalls & juice bars. YUMMY :)
We are SO blesssssssed :)

ENJOY :)

All love,
Angela. xxx

2 comments:

  1. I'm considering going to Iceland next summer, and one of the things that concerns me is everything I heard a/b the food there. How are you faring raw there? Isn't everything really expensive? I heard you're not allowed to bring more than 3 kilos of food into the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joel converted me to blended Okra! Mucilaginous & delicious & makes for great poop :)

    ReplyDelete