Friday 25 July 2008

Raw in Reykjavik ;)

WELL – it’s been a pretty full-on last few days here in Iceland for myself and the Monarch ;) Thanks to all of you who came along to our talk here in Reykjavik on Wednesday night. It was SUCH fun to share...the room was RAMMED with eager raw foodies and newbies alike – around 100 people packed into the room and it was indeedy so much fun that we’ve decided to stay here and do another event on August the 7th, to keep the motivation flowing :) We’ll be doing a raw food demo/talk evening at the organic Café Hljomalind, with yummmmy fresh raw food available from 6pm, followed by a food demo and talks.
Dear Icelandic Raw Goddess Solla will be showing how to make delicious raw meals, followed by the Monarch and myself giving practical tips and answering questions on living raw, detoxing and more. More details HERE - we hope to see you there, if you’re in this area :)
We also attended a sweat lodge here in Rvk for 8 HOURS a few nights ago...PHEW...pretty INTENSE stuff...it was easily the most hardcore experience I’ve had in a sweat...the heat was so intense at one point that it was the nearest I’ve come to bolting for the door ;) I didn’t though – I stayed and witnessed my third eye chakra open out so much in the pitch-black darkness that my whole being seemed to merge with eternity. It took me quite some time to get ‘back into my body’ afterwards...a deeeeeeply cleansing and enriching experience...amazing...

on July the 22nd I had:

1 quart water
mug of ginger tea
2 cups green juice: celery, cucumber, fennel, tat soi, lettuce, kale, radish greens, greens from the garden, ginger, lime
2 cups ‘energy soup’ with a little almond/tomato ‘burger’ and olives, followed by an amazing little treat of raw halva made with tahini and yacon syrup – WOW :)
mug of ‘choco’ tea
3 cups water
1 cup ‘energy soup’ with a little almond/tomato ‘burger’, followed by a tbsp of goji powder – LOVE it :)
3 cups water
1 quart water
1 cup thai coconut/lemongrass soup, with a few sticks of cucumber and followed by a lime swirl
2 cups water

on July the 23rd I had:

1 quart water
mug of licorice tea
2 cups green juice: celery, cucumber, fennel, tat soi, lettuce, kale, radish greens, greens from the garden, sunflower greens, ginger, lime
2 cups ‘energy soup’ with a little almond/tomato ‘burger’ and olives, followed by goji and pomegranate powders
mug of ‘choco’ tea
3 cups water
1.5 cups celery/cucumber/ginger/lemon juice
pack of ‘powerstix’ and a handful of hemp seeds mixed with bee pollen
2 cups water
1/5 cups green juice: celery, cucumber, fennel, tat soi, lettuce, kale, radish greens, greens from the garden, sunflower greens, ginger, lime
mug of choco tea
1 cup water

OooOOooooo, here’s another event that I think will be VERY interesting, for anyone living with diabetes or caring for a diabetic. On Sunday August the 3rd, Gabriel Cousens will be doing a 4-hour online workshop on healing Diabetes.
Here’s what’s apparently on offer:

-In-depth discussion on the cause of dis-ease brought to you by a medical pioneer in reversing diabetes
-Diabetes Q&A with Gabriel Cousens, M.D. …YOU ask the question!
-Medical guidance on simple ways of how you can begin to change your life through diet, specific herbs and supplements, and lifestyle to feel what it’s like to live the Culture of Life!
-Program details on the transformational 21-Day workshop at the Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center founded by Gabriel Cousens, M.D.
-Self-empowerment to allow your body to begin the healing process through this gift of information and guidance

Sounds very interesting, methinks ;) It’s $50 to participate and runs from 9am-1pm PST. You can see all the details and sign up HERE. This could literally be life-changing for anyone living with diabetes...ENJOY if you participate – I’d love to hear how it goes... :)

on July the 24th I had:

1 quart water
mug of licorice tea
2 cups green juice: celery, cucumber, sunflower greens, ginger, lemon/lime juice
2 cups ‘energy soup’ with a little almond/tomato ‘burger’ and olives, followed by goji and pomegranate powders
mug of ‘choco’ tea
3 cups water
1.5 cups green juice: celery, cucumber, fennel, tat soi, lettuce, kale, radish greens, greens from the garden, sunflower greens, ginger, lime
2 cups water
½ cup straight blended greens with rejuvelac, a cracker
1.5 cups energy soup with flax crackers, followed by goji and pomegranate powders
2 cups water


on July the 25th I had:

1 quart water
mug of licorice tea
2 cups green juice: celery, cucumber, fennel, tat soi, lettuce, kale, radish greens, greens from the garden, sunflower greens, ginger, lime
2 cups energy soup with flax crackers and 2 olives, followed by a little bowl of blended yum: almonds, lucuma, maca, yacon powder, cinnamon
mug of choco tea
1 quart water
2 cups green juice: celery, cucumber, fennel, tat soi, lettuce, kale, radish greens, greens from the garden, sunflower greens, ginger, lime
2 cups energy soup with flax crackers and 2 olives, followed by a little bowl of blended yum: pecans, lucuma, maca, yacon powder, cinnamon with goji berries swirled in for chewability
mug of choco tea
2 cups water

YAY :) I’m back into parasite cleanse mode again, finally :) Now I’m using the wonderful ‘Internal Parasite Formula’ from Healthforce Nutritionals and loving it ;) I started with it last Sunday – the 20th of July – and I’ll take the caps for at least 18 days methinks. As you may recall, waaaay back on June the 10th, I started a parasite cleanse that involved 2 sets of capsules, taken simultaneously. However, when I came up here to Iceland, I accidentally left half the caps behind :( Now I have this new product to use and am very happy about that :) In the interim, I continued to stay off all ‘overt’ sugars like fresh and dried fruits for the last 6 weeks, going into a phase of mostly greeeens, fats, powders like lucuma and yacon, plus goji berries. YUMMMY. I’ve been loving it...it feels GREAT to me, especially to be back on mainly liquids all day – some juices, some energy soups...and in the house I’ve been staying in the last 5 weeks, we’ve all been eating this way, which always helps to make it easier of course, to stay on track with mutual support... ;)
I’ll let you know if I sense any significant shifts with the Parasite Formula... ;)

All love,
Angelaaaaaaaaaalalalalalaaaaaaaa. xxx

1 comment:

  1. Angela,

    I'm looking forward to updates on your experience with the Health Force parasite caps. I've never done a parasite cleanse, but have considered this regimen. I'm also interested in scaling back on sugars (fruit, specifically) - mainly to see if it's the cause of my late day cravings. Your meal plans make it look easy.

    Thanks, as always, for sharing!

    ReplyDelete