Wednesday 6 May 2009

Liver and Gallbladder Cleanse Results... ;)

PHEW…well, I’m out the other side of the liver cleanse now ;) It went well and I feel back on form now...Monday was a bit intense, releasing masses of old junk from my liver and moving verrrryyyy slowly with very low energy...
Many of you have been asking for details of the actual ‘flush’ part of the liver cleanse...so here’s what I did, based on Andreas Moritz’s ‘The Amazing Liver and Gallbladder Flush’ book.

*First 6 days, added in 32oz of apple/beet juice to my usual routines. (The malic acid in the apples softens up any stones in the liver/gall bladder, for easier release.)
*Day 7, drank 32oz apple juice, stopped eating in the middle of the day. Mixed up 24oz of water with 4 Tbsp Epsom salts, then divided that solution into four 6oz glasses. (This mixture dilates the bile ducts.)
6pm, drank first Epsom salts drink, 8pm the next Epsom salts drink. 10pm, mixed 4oz olive oil with 4oz fresh grapefruit juice, stood by bed, drank that mixture, immediately laid down and drifted off to sleep.
*Day 8, awoke 6am, drank third Epsom salts drink, 8am drank fourth and final Epsom salts drink. Body into full releasing mode by then and feeling a little nauseous ;)

Read on below for some of my liver cleanse results/observations... ;)

on May the 3rd I had:

1 quart water
1lb cherries
handful of fresh mixed sprouts
2 cups water
3 romaine wraps stuffed with cucumber mush, dulse, tomato etc, followed by a little handful of pieces of Rawnola
2 cups water
1 quart apple juice
6oz water with Epsom salts
6oz water with Epsom salts
2 cups water
8oz olive oil with grapefruit juice


on May the 4th I had:

6oz water with Epsom salts
1 quart water
6oz water with Epsom salts
1 cup strong veggie juice – nettles, fennel, spinach, carrot
3 cups water
a fingertip of royal jelly
a YUMMY honeydew melon
1 quart water
2 tbsp bee pollen
3 cups hardcore green juice
a couple of spoonfuls of ‘Monarch apple meal’ mixture, ½ an apple and a handful of Pakistani mulberries
3 cups water


Here are some of the things I observed about this liver cleansing process:

*I was surprised that along with the green stones/sludge etc, I seemed to also be releasing a lot of ‘foam’ after the cleanse. I looked this up and while there seem to be many different opinions out there abt what this foam represents, Mr. Moritz himself states this is a form of ‘cholesterol crystals’ – interesting ;)
*My energy was verrrrryyyyy very low on Monday, the day of the last Epsom salts drinks/releasing. Reading more of Mr. Moritz’s musings, I saw that he describes this procedure as akin to the liver and gallbladder undergoing ‘major surgery’ (albeit non–invasive)...mmmm, that resonated for me...while I’ve never had any surgery, I could sense that this had had a big impact on my body and it wanted time to recover.
*It was very challenging for me to eat anything other than simple fruits on the ‘release’ day of the cleanse. I attempted to eat a blended apple/tahini/dried mulberry meal with Mr. M in the evening and just couldn’t do it. I ate abt 2 spoonfuls and couldn’t go anymore ;) My body was suddenly ‘demanding’ that I chew everything ENTIRELY thoroughly before swallowing (which it is usually very clear about anyway – now it felt like a super–strict demand ;) It literally took me about 10 minutes to chew down half an apple...I couldn’t deal with much more than that, except a few gorgeous fresh mulberries ;)
*As I write this, it is two mornings after the release and I feel back on form again, I’m happy to say ;) Not sure if/when I’ll do a liver cleanse again...I really don’t enjoy the Epsom salts part of the protocol...(rubbing half a lemon over the tastebuds immediately after drinking the Epsom salts mixture definitely helps me though, along with downing the mixture very quickly ;) ...we shall see...I just do these cleanses when I feel drawn to do so...so, for now I trust that my liver and gallbladder are feeling sparklier and appreciated this release session ;)


on May the 5th I had:

1 quart water
shotglass of fresh orange juice
2 cups greeeen juice: celery, parsley, fennel, dandelion, Jerusalem artichokes, romaine lettuce
an apple, 3 tbsp bee pollen with hemp seeds
2 cups celery, cucumber, parsley, spinach, carrot juice
2 cups water
raw desserts feast: coconut water with strawberry cheesecake at Cru, plus handmade ‘cookies’ from Ani Phyo ;)
2 cups water

OoOoOooo, FUN: yesterday we met the gorgeous Ani Phyo for dinner at Cru raw restaurant in LA and (rather appropriately) enjoyed desserts together, as Ani picked the winner of a copy of her latest book ‘Ani’s Raw Food Desserts’, from all the entries recently sent in to the RawReform Giveaway :)
You can see a video of Ani picking the winner HERE on TheRawFoodWorld.tv. I’m delighted to announce that the blessed recipient of the book is Heather Harper in Mexico City – CONGRATS, Heather :)
Heather actually sent in TWO favourite recipes, which she says she loves to share with her 2 year old daughter. Here are the recipes:

Banana, I Scream!

4 frozen bananas

1 extra ripe and spotty banana

1/2 cup chia gel

1/14 cup walnuts (topping)

carob and cinnamon powder (topping)


Blend frozen bananas, ripe banana and chia gel in a high speed blender. Put mixture into the freezer for at least 2 hours to give it a firm, ice cream-like texture (unless you want
soft serve of course!). Sprinkle carob powder mixed with cinnamon powder over the I scream! and finally top with crushed walnuts. Yummmmmm!!!

Ooey Gooey Yum Yum

1 cup flax seeds

1/2 cup almonds

1/2 cup walnuts

1/8 cup dark agave syrup

3 tablespoons of raw crystallized honey

2 cups sliced strawberries


Grind flax, almonds and walnuts in a spice grinder or food processor until finely ground. Place the mixture in a bowl, add agave and honey, and mash the ingredients together int
o a mushy paste-like substance. Spread the mixture into small bowls (only about a 1/4 or 1/2 cup - it's really intense!!) and generously top with sliced strawberries. Indulge!!!

Note: I'm not big on measuring, so I made a guesstimate on quantities for the recipes that I'm sure would produce the same results.
As long as you keep flax as the base, you can use other nuts and seeds as well - I've made it with sunflower and black sesame.

Sound YUMMMY to me :) Love the name ‘Ooey Gooey Yum Yum’ too ;)
Thanks Heather, thanks Ani...


Love and divine blissings to all :)
Miss Stokes. xxx

blog comments powered by Disqus