Wednesday 16 April 2008

Taking Action...

Greetings :)
I hope all is flowing magnificently with you...we are into our last week here in New Zealand and I’ll be a little sad to be packing up and heading off again – it has been such a blessing to be here these last few months :) Well, onwards we trot nonetheless – we speak in Wellington this Saturday, the 19th, then hop on up to Melbourne for a public natter on the 23rd ;) More event details HERE. We shall certainly enjoy to see you there if you’re around...
In the meantime, Lisa over in dear ol’ Blighty wrote in to say:

“Hi Angela, i love your and Matt's blogs and am wondering whether you take any supplements appart from the meals you list on your blogs at all? I've also read your Raw Emotions and think it's absolutely fantastic! keep up the good work love&peace Lisa”

Awwww, thanks petal ;) Great question – indeed, I’ve often thought to blog a little blurb about this very matter, to share my thoughts and habits...thanks for the impetus to actually do it ;)
So, the answer is YES, I take 4 main supplements:

*kelp tablets (about 3-5 a day of THESE ones from Dr Christopher)
*Threelac probiotics (1-2 a day)
*Therapeutic Enzymes (1-3 tsps a day)
*B12 tablets (whenever I remember ;)

Of course, I’m sure we’re all aware that FOOD is our main ‘medicine’ and source of nutrients...these are just 4 things that seem to look a bit more like ‘medicine’ and that I add in to the mix for an extra ‘punch’. I guess we all have different perspectives on what we consider ‘foods’ or ‘supplements’ – so, for instance, I eat green powders regularly – to me, they’re a food, whereas other people might think they’re a supplement...
In any case, those are the main 4 items that I consume regularly that seem ‘supplemental’ to me. Why do I take them? Let’s see...kelp I take to support my thyroid. Probiotics I take to help the friendly stomach flora guys. Ideally I use the ‘Freddie’s Blend’ probiotics – they need to be kept refrigerated though, so they’re not the best to travel with. I’m using Threelac at the moment as it doesn’t need refrigeration and is VERY powerful. ;) I take the Therapeutic Enzymes because they amaze me – they feel SO powerful and have helped people heal from all kinds of conditions – so, I like to wonder about all the goodness they’re bringing me now as someone who doesn’t really deal with any health issues; preserving my enzyme bank = wow :) I take B12 as a back up – this vitamin is such a little courtier of controversy and the debates about where to get it from really don’t excite me, so I just bypass all that and take a tablet whenever I remember and my levels are now fine (whereas a few years back I had a severe B12 deficiency, before I started to take tabs).
Other things I consume that might be thought of as supplements include: seawater (dropped into juices), maca powder, seaweeds, bee pollen and the occasional cup of Natural Calm ;)
Hope that helps ;)

on April the 13th I had:

1.5 quarts water
1 quart watermelon/orange juice
1 tbsp wheatgrass powder
meal of mung bean sprouts/wakame seaweed/pumpkin seeds
1.5 quarts water
3 cups spinach/dandelion/lettuce/cucumber/beetroot/carrot juice
bowl of ‘grawnola’ with sesame seed/fig ‘mylk’ – YUMMM ;)
1.5 quarts water

on April the 14th I had:

1.5 quarts water
1 quart watermelon/orange juice
1.5 cups spinach/dandelion/lettuce/cucumber/beetroot/carrot juice
2 cups water
1tbsp green powder
1 quart spinach/dandelion/lettuce/cucumber/carrot juice
3 cups watermelon juice
2 cups water
2.5 cups spinach/dandelion/lettuce/cucumber/carrot juice
1 quart watermelon juice
2 cups water

If you are not yet tuned in to the work of Mike Adams, I would STRONGLY recommend getting on over to his main site: NaturalNews.com (used to be NewsTarget) and dipping into the incredible flow of info he shares there. Mike writes on health freedom, natural remedies, disease prevention, raw lifestyles and soooo much more. I truly see Mike on the front lines of ‘health freedom’ – his integrity, honesty and commitment are outstanding. He sends out free emails regularly with summaries of current stories – you can sign up for those updates on NaturalNews.com.
Mike has a new project though that I’d REALLY like to give attention to here – he has created a FREE national radio show in the US called ‘The Health Ranger Show’, which he is currently asking people to help get syndicated on radio stations ALL over the country – WOW :) This is exciting news...imagine radio stations everywhere playing a FREE show that gives GENUINELY useful, accurate information about health, rather than where to buy more pharmaceuticals ;) Imagine all the people whose lives might be jiggled a little more into a healthy direction as they listen to that info... This is a HUGE opportunity to spread the healing message... SO, how can you play your part? Mike is asking people all over the US (and Canada too, in fact ;), to call their local radio stations and ask them to pick up ‘The Health Ranger Show’ for their scheduling. All you need to do is go to this page: http://www.naturalnews.com/radioshow.html and click the link for YOUR area – you’ll find contact details and full instructions there on what to tell the person at the radio station. Yeeeeeeeeeeee-HAH :) I’m excited about this project – I feel this could really have a HUGE impact – I’ll be calling some stations in Cali tomorrow and I hope you will also take a few minutes, to make some calls in your area, if you’re in N. America... Here’s to vibrant health for the masses ;)

on April the 15th I had:

1.5 quarts water
1 pint veggie juice: cucumber/carrot/beetroot/dandelion/lettuce
meal of sprouted mung beans with wakame seaweed fronds & pumpkin seeds
1 quart water
1 pint veggie juice: cucumber/carrot/beetroot/dandelion/lettuce
bowl of grawnola: buckwheaties/sunflower seeds/coconut/sultanas/cinnamon/vanilla powders with sesame/fig milk, plus spirulina and maca swirled in – yummmmmm ;)

on April the 16th I had:

1.5 quarts water
1 pint SPICY veggie juice: spicy sprouts/dandelion/clover/celery/cucumber/beetroot/carrot/lettuces
meal of fresh figs, straight from the orchard :)
2 cups water
little meal of mung beans/wakame seaweed fronds/brazil nuts/pumpkin seeds – yummmmmmmm ;)
1 quart water
1 pint SPICY veggie juice: spicy sprouts/dandelion/clover/celery/cucumber/beetroot/carrot/lettuces
bowl of YUMMMMMMMY grawnola, with sesame mylk, cinnamon and vanilla powders – we are SO blessed ;)
1 quart water

Ok, I feel a bit like this is turning into a film review blog – lol - there are just SO many amazing films out there and we’ve been watching a lot lately...they inspire me SO much and I feel excited to then pass that info along to y’all – I hope you enjoy ;)
So, this evening we watched SUCH a beautiful little documentary called ‘One Man, One Cow, One Planet’, all about Peter Proctor, a kiwi farmer who is nearly 80 years old and yet leading a bio-dynamic revolution in farming, all across India. WOW. After years of hands-on work here in NZ, Peter saw the potential for turning around the ailing chemical-based agriculture system in India, where crops were failing, soil was dying and farmers were literally committing suicide en masse in desperation. In this documentary, we see Peter joyfully travelling all over India, helping farmers everywhere to get back to simplicity, regenerate their soils and produce incredible crops. I have NEVER seen greens growing in India at all and yet the lettuces and other leafy crops shown on this film looked phenomenal - enough to inspire an outbreak of ‘Green Leaves’ ;) lol...seriously, it’s INCREDIBLE to see what this one passionate, caring, generous guy has helped co-create there...you can check out more about this film HERE. ENJOY :)

One love,
Angela. xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment