Monday 18 August 2008

Funky Raw :)

YUMMY. Just got back last night from the simply BEAUTIFUL Funky Raw festie in the Sussex countryside here in England. Wow, what a delicious treat – wonderful friends, delicious food from ‘The Raw Kitchen’, gorgeous sunny weather, chats about the Anastasia books, live music all weekend, camping out under the full moon, listening to interesting presentations and LOVING the fantastic energy buzzing through this gathering of lovely like-minded, joyous beings...
I really enjoyed going on a foraging walk with Rob of Funky Raw and also listening to a great permaculture talk with inspiring stories of gardens made-over into edible paradises :) YUMMMM...
You can see a few of my pics from the event on my Flickr stream HERE.
Thanks to everyone who came along to my talk and chatted at the RawReform booth – I saw SO many new faces this weekend, which I find very encouraging, in terms of the expansion of the UK raw food movement...indeed, the festie totally sold out this year and apparently could have easily sold out TWICE over, considering the number of people wanting tickets – so, be sure to get in quick next year if you’d love to be there... ;) I highly recommend it...

on August the 16th I had:

1 quart water
3 cups green juice with barleygrass, celery, cucumber, fennel, ginger, kale, carrot
2 cups ‘energy soup’ with coconut chips, followed by ½ a bag of freeze-dried durian = YUM :)
3 cups water
1.5 cups green juice
2 cups ‘energy soup’ with coconut chips, followed by ½ a bag of freeze-dried durian
little bowl of hand-blended yum: lucuma, yacon, cinnamon, maca powders, with water and gojis swirled in
2 cups water
mug of rooibus

Yeeeeee-HAH – guess what? Raw food is front-page news in Iceland ;) LOL... I discovered today that Icelandic newspaper ’24 Stundir’ (24 hours) put an article and picture about my weight loss story on their front page last Friday (see picture to the right)...I was wondering why the traffic to my site suddenly sky-rocketed on Friday ;) LOL...
Can you IMAGINE the impact such a message could potentially have in countries such as the US/Canada/the UK/Australia and so on, if this simple message of a transformative raw food lifestyle was presented as FRONT-PAGE news, in national newspapers...???
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – I LOVE Iceland – thank you, Icelandic journalists, for choosing to put health and well-being first, with integrity...(BTW, the headline says ‘Angela lost more than 80 kilos’, if your Icelandic’s a bit rusty... ;)

on August the 17th I had:

1 quart water
1.5 cups green juice
2 cups energy soup with coconut chips stirred in, followed by ½ a bag of freeze-dried durian – WOW :)
3 cups water
1.5 cups green juice
2 cups energy soup with coconut chips stirred in, followed by ½ a bag of freeze-dried durian – WOW :)
1 tbsp goji berry powder, 1tbsp pomegranate powder
3 cups water
mug of peppermint tea
1 cup water


on August the 18th I had:

1 quart water
mug of pau d’arco tea
3 cups veggie juice: celery, cucumber, fennel, endive, carrot, ginger
2 cups ‘energy soup’ with diced bell pepper and dulse pieces stirred in, accompanied by a curry powerstix packet. Followed by a little bowl of hand-mixed lucuma, yacon, maca, carob powders with water, plus goji berries stirred in for chewability
mug of peppermint tea
2 cups ‘energy soup’ with diced bell pepper and dulse pieces stirred in, accompanied by a curry powerstix packet. Followed by a little bowl of utter MANNA. I soaked freeze-dried durian in hemp seed milk for a while, then blended that all together with lucuma and carob powder, into a thick creamy, duriany, sublime pudding – WOW ;)
Mug of peppermint tea
2 cups water

Have you had a Juice Feasting journey yet in your life? How was it...? Or if you haven’t embarked into a liquid lifestyle yet and feel drawn, what is your motivation? Do you feel ready...?
One juicy raw diva, Aleesha Stephenson is currently many weeks into a Juice Feast and she wrote a little review of my book ‘A Juice Feaster’s Handbook’, for her beautiful online magazine ‘Timeless Spirit’. Here’s an excerpt from her article:

So many things are covered in this handbook but I have to say my favourite is where she explains the value of each juice and the different combinations she recommends. Once you've been juicing for a while, it's amazing how you can get stuck in a rut of making the same thing day after day. This book assisted me 'mix it up' a little in my head and get some new ideas for juices!
Anyone who has an interest in Juice Feasting, whether it's for 3 days or 92 days should get a copy of this book. Consider it your Juice Feasting Bible! I know I do.


You can read Aleesha’s whole review and check out her ‘Timeless Spirit’ magazine HERE.
...and if you haven’t read ‘A Juice Feaster’s Handbook’ yet and would love to juice up YOUR life a little more, you can get a copy of the book HERE. ENJOY... :)

All love,
Angela. xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment