Thursday 28 January 2010

Eco-Fashion Favourites... :)

I've suddenly had a lot of messages again lately from people asking where I get my clothes and jewellry... ;) Well...I have written some blogs about eco-clothing before, so if you haven't seen those already, you may enjoy checking those out HERE and HERE.
Lately, one of the places I've been most enjoying checking out eco-friendly clothes is *Etsy.com* :) Have you played around on Etsy before? It's a site where independent artists, designers and so on can set up their own little 'store-front' and sell their goodies online...tres cool...here are three Etsy eco-friendly clothing designers I've been impressed with lately:

*PineapplePop - WOW - check out this woman's *AMAZING* Patchwork Dresses and other items - I absolutely LOVE these unique, handmade patchwork dresses and will be ordering one sooooon methinks, to dally around in, down in Ecuador ;) Get your pineapplepop patchwork princess apparel HERE ;)

*Texture - I've mentioned Texture's phenomenal clothes before, in this post HERE - yummy Theresa's hemp flares are simply par excellence ;) She makes many other fantastic items too though and often does discounted sales on her Etsy store - find an eco-friendly bargain HERE... (Main Texture online store is HERE ;)

*Gaia Conceptions - I haven't ordered anything from this lovely looking collection yet - I am certainly enamoured of it though - gorgeous designs, eco-fabrics and clearly lots of love in the process...check out the yummies HERE.


On Jan the 26th I enjoyed:

1 quart water
2.5 cups greeeeeeeen juice
bowl of curious pea soup...blended together sugar snap peas, apple, dulse, sprouts, lemon, tahini, ate with sheet of nori on the side...hmmmmmmmm ;)
1 quart water
1 cup greeeeeeeen juice
2 hachiya persimmons, 4 tbsp acai powder
3 cups water

Now, as for my jewellry...hmmmm, that's a trickier one to explain...most of it was given to me or is quite old...e.g. the NZ jade around my neck has been there for over 10 years... (I have a general policy of wearing jewellry until it falls off... ;)

Two of my rings are from Mr. M (engagement ring made by his friend, wedding ring from SoulConscious.com) my other ring was handmade in Iceland at the Viking Festival and has my name carved into it in runes... (one of my previous realities within this lifetime involved carving runes on various objects - candles, woodwork, stones etc - I love runes...)

I wear a 'Whiffer' necklace from our store, HERE (I smell of lavender today ;)...I also wear one of the Quantum Balance Necklaces, which we sell too, HERE. The other necklace I wear is a piece of cedar, as described by Anastasia...
My wrists are currently quite inundated with bracelet gifts ;) lol...I seem to attract bracelet energy...there are all kinds of things wrapped around each other on my forearms right now...a string of Native American beads, a turquoise and wooden amulet given to me on our wedding day, a string of wooden beads with my name on, made by some children at a talk we gave a few months back, a piece of silver fabric given to me at a friend's wedding years ago, a friendship bracelet handmade by one of dearest friends from the Uk and so on... ;) As you can see, my jewellry collection is a bit of a mosaic masterpiece at the moment...

One yummy jewellry resource I could point you towards though is the website of one on of our very own RawReform blog readers, Sarah, who runs JewelryArtDesigns.com and recently sent me an example of her work - a *gorgeous* delicate lavender pendant on a silver chain - she has lots of pretty pieces you can check out on her site HERE...earrings, necklaces, rings and more...

So those are my current 'fashion' sharings for you... ;) What about *you* guys and gals? Do you have any Etsy stores to recommend? Or favourite eco-clothing providers? Other yummy jewellry makers to connect us to? Feel free to post your recommendations in the COMMENTS down below if you'd love to share anything... ;)

on January the 27th I loved:

1 quart water
2.5 cups greeeeeeen juice
2 cups green smoothie: persimmon, sunflower greens, spinach, chia flour, water, vanilla powder
2 cups green smoothie: persimmon, sunflower greens, spinach, chia flour, water, vanilla powder
3 cups water
3 cups greeeeeeeeen juice
4 tbsp acai powder, handful of mini-persimmons (persimmon paradise here at the moment ;)
3 cups water


on January the 28th I was blissed with:

1 quart water
2 cups greeeeeen juice
2 cups green smoothie: persimmon, cilantro/celery microgreens, spinach, chia flour, water
2 cups green smoothie: persimmon, cilantro/celery microgreens, spinach, chia flour, water, with 3 tbsp acai powder
3 cups water
2 cups greeeeeen juice
2 cups green smoothie: persimmon, spinach, sunflower greens, chia flour, water, with 4 tbsp acai powder
3 cups water

Don't forget that this month, you can win a FREE copy of the book that has inspired me more than ANY other in recent years: "Anastasia" by Vladimir Megre :) At the end of February, Mr. M and I are intending to return to our land in Vilcabamba, Ecuador, to start our own 'kins' domain', inspired hugely by this book...I am SOOOOO excited to get back down to Ecuador and connected to the land again...we have started reading "Anastasia" again in preparation for this trip and now I'd love to share a copy of this epic book with one of YOU who may not have accessed its awe-inspiring message yet...I often say that if there was only ONE gift I could give any person, it would be this book - it seems to be truly life-shifting for almost everyone who reads it :)

SO, to get your hands on a shiny new FREE copy of this amazing piece of literature, send in your answer to the following question, to angela@rawreform.com angela@rawreform.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it
:

"Which THREE intentions for 2010
are YOU most excited about?"

We look forward to enjoying your glowing answers :) The winner will be picked at random and with glee on February the 1st, so get your entries in to angela@rawreform.com before then...thanks :)

All love,
Angela. xxx

blog comments powered by Disqus