Friday 30 April 2010

Left Brain/Right Brain Musings...

Mmmm...today I would like to share some recent mmmmmmusings on right-brain activation...
Since going raw almost eight years ago, I feel less and less willing to do 'left-brain' things: anything to do with numbers or logistics for example seems to be increasingly unappealing, challenging and even 'tedious' for me these days...

I seem to have been stepping further and further into right-brain modus operandi and away from the left-brain conditioning of my background... I am frequently reminded of a comment made by one of the founders of the Damanhur community in Italy when I visited there about two years into my raw food journey...the founder was describing how most of the members of the community there are artists/creators of the most astounding pieces of art and so on, yet something like paying an electricity bill seems almost *impossible* for them...at the point when I heard this, I couldn't really relate - I couldn't understand feeling that way, living in that kind of flow...now I feel like I totally get it ;)

Now...I can *do* numbers/logistics/left-brain blahblah if I choose to, don't get me wrong - I was a straight A student in all subjects at school, including maths and sciences...and YET...these kinds of areas hold absolutely *no* zing or passion for me at all...I may have been able to force my being as a child and teenager inside a system, to do my best and push into all kinds of crevices of my left brain to get the grades...now though, in the reality I choose for myself, that kind of behaviour is of no interest to me and there is simply no energy there anymore to 'force' myself into left-brain labouring ;) I sense that many people go through these kinds of transitions with a raw lifestyle, as we reconnect more to our 'true' selves, inner peace, creative flow and genuine bliss...mmmmm...I wish you all the very best of hemispheric balance ;)


on April the 28th I enjoyed:

1 quart water
2 cups greeeeeen juice mixed with pineapple juice
water of a young coconut
2 yummy little cherimoyas, 2 cups greeeeen/mango smoothie
2 cups greeeeeen juice mixed with pineapple juice
2 cups water
spontaneous, yummy little bowl of salad: avocado, soaked wakame, chopped tomatoes, lots of sauerkraut :)
mug of resihi/shilajit/ormus tea
2 cups water

Here are a couple more upcoming raw-friendly events that have been sent in recently by readers - enjoy :)

* May 8th * Blue Oak Anti-Aging Center Grand Opening * Auburn, CA *
Full day of workshops, seminars, delicious organic raw and fermented foods, http://rawmatt.com/events.html

* May 22nd * Vibrant Life Expo * Newburyport, MA *
A day of fun, education and empowerment - transform your life, mind, body and spirit - see http://www.vibrantlifeexpo.com

Remember as ever that there are also fabulous, free weekly listings of raw food events, classified ads etc, over at The Daily Raw Cafe, on Thursdays - "Raw News You Can Use" - love it ;)


on April the 29th I loved:

1 quart water
water of a young coconut
2 cups greeeeeen juice mixed with pineapple juice
3 cups greeeeeen/mango smoothie with the delicious Mr. M :)
2 cups water
2 cups greeeeeeeeeeeen juice mixed with pineapple juice
a papaya
lovely shared meal with friends of a cucumber/zucchini salad, leftover peanut pate, crackers, coconut chips etc - yummy :)
mug of reishi/shilajit/ormus tea
2 cups water


on April the 30th I appreciated:

1 quart water
2 cups greeeen juice mixed with pineapple juice
water of a young coconut
an apple, 30 chlorella tablets, little handful of bee pollen
a cherimoya
a few crackers topped with avocado, lime juice, dulse and chlorella coconut chips
3 cups water
cup of greeeeeeeen smoothie
little bowl of cucumber salad with Mr. M, stuffed in lettuce leaves and on top of flax crackers, followed by a yummy slice of raw apple pie made by visiting friends :)
mug of reishi/shilajit/ormus tea
2 cups water


OMGoddess, I fell deeeeeeeeeply in love with a new musical inspiration yesterday, thanks to one reader, Colleen, who sent me the suggestion to listen in to some tooooons from Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros - WOW - love at first listen - here's my favourite find of their gorgeous creations so far - enjoy :)))



All love, light and blissings to *your* home :)
Angelalaalalaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. xxx

blog comments powered by Disqus