Wednesday 25 June 2008

Inspirations...

I wanted to write a few notes for anyone who is a newcomer to this blog: firstly, WELCOME :) Thanks for joining us :) The readership here grows daily, so I thought I’d maybe go over a few things for those of you who are just joining this journey...
I started this blog back in November 2006, the night before I started my 92-Day Juice Feast. (The pic here is the first pic I ever posted, eating my 'final supper' before starting my feast the next day ;)
I had never even READ a blog before then, much less felt drawn to write one...however, I wanted somewhere to record my juicy meanderings, so I signed into Blogger and this new path began ;) I immediately fell in love with this communication medium, as it felt like ‘writing an email to the world’ – I could easily and quickly share what was happening in my life, with many readers...
Throughout my Juice Feast, I recorded what I drank daily. When I went back to solids, I then continued to write down what I consume, daily, HENCE, the daily food logs you see here, if you’ve been wondering why I write those ;) They also help me feel ‘accountable’ about my food choices (just like the Food Plans I recommend in my book ‘Raw Emotions’) AND many people seem to enjoy seeing what a 100% raw foodist actually eats from day-to-day...though one reader did write to me recently asking me to post pictures of what I eat, as they often sound really unappealing to her ;) LOL – as I replied to her, if the INGREDIENTS don’t sound great to her, I’m not sure the presentation is going to add much to the equation ;) I actually don’t have a stills camera with me at the moment – I hope I will have mine back at some point soon though and then I may indeed start posting food pics – stay tuned ;)
A couple of practical pointers: firstly, if there is anything you want to SEARCH for in older blog posts, just use the search box at the top left of the RawReform E-Journal homepage. For example, if you want to see what I’ve ever written about ‘lucuma’, type that into the box and it will bring up all the relevant posts ;)
Secondly, you can always look back through all the older posts month-by-month, in the ‘Archives’ section on the blog. Again, go to the blog homepage, then scroll down until you see ‘Archives’ on the right side of the page...
Thanks for all your continued lovely support and feedback... :)

on June the 22nd I had:

1 quart water
shot of wheatgrass
mug of choco tea
2 cups smoothie: lucuma, almonds, green powder, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, vanilla powder, maca, water, with goji berries and pine nuts stirred in for chewability
3 cups water
mug of choco tea
2.5 cups green juice: cucumber, fennel, spinach, parsley, freshly picked dandelion, lettuce, ginger
3 nori rolls stuffed with mixed sprouts, baby spinach leaves and spread made from blending jalepeno hummus, sunflower seeds, fresh cilantro, garlic and water. Followed by a little handful of pine nuts with goji berries
mug of choco tea
2 cups water


on June the 23rd I had:

1 quart water
mug of cinnamon tea
shot of hardcore strong wheatgrass ;)
2 cups smoothie: almonds, lucuma powder, green powder, vanilla, cinnamon, maca, water blended together with goji berries and sunflower seeds swirled in for chewability
mug of choco tea
3 cups water
2 cups green juice: cucumber, watercress, cilantro, fennel, ginger, spinach, sprouts
a red bell pepper
3 nori rolls stuffed with mixed sprouts, baby spinach leaves and spread made from blending jalepeno hummus, sunflower seeds, fresh cilantro, garlic and water. Followed by a little handful of pine nuts with goji berries
1 quart water


This week Mr. Monarch did an in-studio interview with Revvell Revati in California, discussing his book ‘Raw Success’, raw food travel, the blood gas theory, gas and bloating, his parents’ health and masses more, all packed into a dense half an hour ;O You can listen to the podcast free at THIS LINK.

ENJOY :)


on June the 24th I had:

1 quart water
shot of wheatgrass juice
2 cups smoothie: almonds, lucuma powder, green powder, vanilla, cinnamon, maca, water blended together with goji berries and sunflower seeds swirled in for chewability
mug of choco tea
3 cups water
a red bell pepper with a little handful of sunflower seeds
2.5 cups green juice: cucumber, watercress, cilantro, fennel, ginger, spinach, sprouts, lettuce
2 cups smoothie: almonds, lucuma powder, green powder, vanilla, cinnamon, maca, water blended together with goji berries and sunflower seeds swirled in for chewability
mug of choco tea
2 cups water

on June the 25th I had:

1 quart water
mug of choco tea
shot of wheatgrass
2 cups smoothie: sunflower seed butter, lucuma powder, green powder, vanilla, cinnamon, maca, water blended together with goji berries and sunflower seeds swirled in for chewability
mug of choco tea
3 cups water
cup of herbal tea
a red bell pepper
2 cups green juice: cucumber, watercress, cilantro, fennel, ginger, spinach, CELERY :) I FOUND CELERY :) YAY :)

I am absolutely LOVING PhilosophersNotes.com. Did you check it out yet? For those of you who didn’t yet tap into this resource, it’s like ‘mini-Cliffs Notes for self-development books’ and I think it’s really amazing.
As you may recall, this new service, created by ‘master-distiller-of-information’, Brian Johnson, offers you condensed versions of numerous wonderful books, such as ‘Authentic Happiness’, ‘Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway’, ‘Loving What Is’ and Eckhart Tolle’s ‘A New Earth’...there’s even Brendan Brazier’s ‘The Thrive Diet’ in there (yes, Brian is a raw food lover too... ;)

Brian takes all his favourite inspirational books like these and distills the offerings in each of them down into 6 page PDFs OR MP3 recordings of around 20 minutes, that you can listen to as you go about your day...
I’ve listened to around six of the Notes now and always find myself grinning profusely afterwards, as Brian offers up one ‘big idea’ after another, touching on so many fascinating insights and concepts...he explains things so clearly and articulately, with a lovely sense of humour thrown in to keep it all fresh and lively...
I’ve been listening to the MP3s while preparing juice or eating meals – I love that the recordings are so condensed I can easily get through a whole set of ‘Notes’ in one juicing session and come away with more than just my physical body feeling ‘nourished’ ;)
I highly recommend taking a look at the PhilosophersNotes.com site. You can even try out a couple of the titles for free there, to see what you make of them...AAAAAAAND, as a special offer to you lovely shiny raw people, Brian is also offering y’all 25% off the subscription prices, using THIS LINK.
I REALLY hope you enjoy tapping into this new resource as much as I am :)

All love,
Angela. xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment