Thursday 30 October 2008

Frightfully RAW Fun... :)

Mmmmmm, it’s Halloween time of course now for many people around the world...parents and raw foodists all over may grimace and fret about all that refined sugar, the crazy mood swings and so on – and YET – help is at hand ;) Here are a few yummy raw food resources for a hopefully less ‘frightful’ celebration, nutritionally-speaking ;)

*There’s an AMAZINGLY handsome looking pumpkin pie recipe on WeLikeItRaw at the moment – see HERE.
Thanks, Dhru and chef Rachel Fracassa for sharing :)

*Heidi and Justin at RawFoodRightNow.com also have some GREAT Halloween posts – HERE’s the most recent one, with a FABULOUS picture of a watermelon ‘brain’ ;)
HERE is also an older post of theirs with Halloween Recipes and tips.

*Dr Ritamarie Loscalzo has a whole Halloween raw food e-book to share over on her site HERE – packed with recipes, stories and tips – fun ;)

I do hope you ENJOY the celebrations this weekend if Halloween is part of your picture...may the greeeeeeeeeeeen goblins be with you ;)

on October the 29th I had:

1 quart water
little mug of rose tea
2 cups veggie juice: celery, cucumber, spinach, kale, beetroot, carrots, ginger
2 cups energy soup with flax crackers and pistachio butter on the side, followed by yum-balls made by the Monarch (containing lucuma, chia, gojis, pine nut butter and maca)
little cup of spicy tea
3 cups water
2 OUTRAGEOUS persimmons
1.5 cups veggie juice: celery, cucumber, spinach, kale, beetroot, carrots, ginger
bowl of grawnola from Shellbel
3 cups water

I felt moved to share some of the messages today that have been coming in from one reader – Cindy – who set out on a raw journey after seeing the CNN report on my weight loss on September the 23rd. In just a MONTH, Cindy has already released 20LBS by adopting a raw lifestyle and she has been dropping us emails too along the way – here are some recent snippets from the last few days that I felt to share – I think she has such a lovely, direct way of sharing her passion for this new way of life:

“I'm now 19#'s lighter this morning since receiving your weight loss testimony of eating raw food and I just can't wait to see another 100 plus pounds gone. It hasn't been yet a month. Just the other day a friend of mine told me I was shrinking. I did not know that anyone would even notice (and I don't care really, I care that I notice) but I was delightfully surprised. I thought I would have to show a marked amount of weight loss before it was noticeable to even myself.
I'm excited! If this is how quickly the weight comes off, then wow...I will be at my happy body weight in no time. A wonderful comment I heard and keep in mind is that the body will take itself to it's proper place when we eat the right foods for our body. No need to count calories and measure food. We just eat what nature intended for our bodies, and our bodies will adjust and reach "it's" proper weight.
This wonderful feeling of peace and calm and clarity is too hard to explain unless one has experienced it. I thought I would have to wait until the majority of my weight was released to enjoy this sensation, but it wasn't so...I felt it almost immediately as if it were some magic pill. And nature is in itself
magic to me so to speak. The answer to this feeling of freedom from garbage food, is the food from nature.
Just...thanks so very much for all that you do, and for all that you share to make this program a possibility for me for life. I can't imagine going back to the way I used to feel. And if losing 20 lbs. in a month can make me feel this great, I can't even imagine how losing the additional 100 will make me feel. I'm sure it will get better...and along the path, I am sure to feel the effects of detox. It's okay. Much better than
spending the rest of my life eating SAD.
How can an overweight Mama like me feel as light as a feather? I don't know. But, I feel it little by little, day by day...and I look forward to each new morning and bask in it's newness and my newness as well. You have helped me to save my life! Your article on CNN was timely and I know that I for one have been blessed by it as I am sure many, many others have. In order to keep myself motivated, I read your story every week or so, just so I know that I will get there soon enough.
Thanks ever so much!!!

With sincere gratitude,
"
Cindy


WOW – CONGRATS, Cindy, thanks for sharing and ALL blessings to you for your journey onwards :)


on October the 30th I had:

1 quart water
little mug of spicy tea
shot of wheatgrass/ginger/lime juice
2 YUMMERS persimmons and 3 figs
little mug of spicy tea
3 cups water
2 cups energy soup with flax crackers and okra on the side, followed by a few yum-balls made by the Monarch (containing lucuma, chia, gojis, pine nut butter and maca)
3 cups water
2 cups veggie juice: celery, cucumber, parsley, spinach, beetroot, kale, Jerusalem artichoke, carrot, ginger
2 cups water

I had my first persimmons of the season yesterday. Oh My GODDDDDDDESSSSSSSSS...are these things actually still LEGAL? Lol…how BLESSED we are that mama nature is SO kind to us, that she brought forth a creation as lusciously, outrageously, seductively sweet and delicious as the persimmon... If you’re reading this and wondering what I’m talking about, then please be sure next time you’re near a fruit seller, to pick up at least one or two RIPE specimens of these nuggets of pure YUMMM, straight from nature (I would be cautious though, personally, eating more than one or two of these yummies at a time – they feel VERY sugary to me ;)
N.B. these fruits also go by the name of ‘Sharon Fruit’ in some places too... I remember the first time I ever had a persimmon. I was visiting the intentional/spiritual community Damanhur in Italy, back in the autumn of 2004. I had just quit the waitressing job I’d been doing in a mainstream café in Iceland, so that I could concentrate on writing my first book about raw foods. I’d been on a raw path for 2.5 years by then and released around 160lbs of excess weight. A fellow visitor at the Damanhur centre had a pack of persimmons with him (‘kaki’ in Italian, I believe). I’d never seen this kind of fruit before and he offered me one to try. It was LOVE at first bite...unbelievable...this is one of those foods that when I eat it, I just cannot fathom why anyone would want to eat packaged/processed cakes/candies and so on, when they could eat foods like these, straight from nature...lol ;) Well, pesky processed-food-addictions aside, I hope you get to enjoy some of these beautiful creations this season, if they’re hanging out in your vicinity...ENJOY :) (Oh, and be sure to BRUSH YOUR TEETH afterwards ;)

MUAAHHH,
All love,
Angela-di-da. xxx

blog comments powered by Disqus