Saturday 29 November 2008

Giving Value...

As I write this, I am on my way to Mexico and back to my beloved, all being well... :)
Today I packed down and cleaned house again for the...Xth...time this year. As I mentioned recently, I’ve been house–sitting at my parents’ place in England these last couple of weeks and simultaneously clearing out masses of physical STUFF from my past :) FUN :) On Thursday night we had an amazingly lovely raw girlie giveaway potluck and I happily released a great deal of old belongings (as well as very happily becoming the proud owner of some sweet new clothes from some yummy raw si*stars*). Today felt really momentous to me as I stood in my parents’ attic looking at the little pile of ‘stuff’ that remains now, that is connected to me. All stacked together, it fills a space of perhaps 3 large cardboard boxes sat next to each other...I stood and looked at it for quite a while, feeling intrigued to see SO clearly the stuff that is related to me. I don’t imagine many people often see all their physical belongings packed so clearly into a space together – things are usually spread out all over the place in houses and so on – I just found it really interesting to look at this pile of stuff and know that this is now all there is. Or at least, those are the things that are staying there in the UK for now ;) With me on this journey now I have clothes, computer, books and some foods...and well, perhaps when next I find myself in the UK and look at those objects remaining in the attic, I’ll find the impulse to release even more of them – we’ll see ;) For now I’m very happy with the point things have come to and am happy to be moving on again with such clarity...and in the direction of the Monarch and coconuts ;) lol...YAY :)

on November the 27th I had:

1 quart water
little mug of rooibus tea
2 cups veggie juice: celery, spinach, kale, carrot, Jersusalam artichoke, ginger
2 cups energy soup with flax crackers and okra, followed by goji/carob yumballs
3 cups water
2 cups veggie juice: celery, spinach, kale, carrot, Jersusalam artichoke, ginger
cup of ‘wild power’ tea
plate of raw potluck food: greeeen/sprout salad with dips, followed by chia/pomegranate pudding and chocolate treats – yummmm :)
cup of rooibus tea
3 cups water

OooOooooo, here’s a yummy little news nugget I saw recently in Brighton’s Wave magazine: the UK Environment Agency has created a help pack to encourage and help people in London to create green roofs on buildings. LOVE IT :) I first consciously encountered green/living roofs when I lived at the Centre for Alternative Technology (CAT) in Wales. For anyone who isn’t familiar with them, it basically means creating a living, breathing, thriving, grassy community on your rooftop :) It’s a way of adding masses of extra greeeeeen space into communities, more space for bugs and other tiny people to live and commune, more places to lay in the grass in the sun, more insulation for buildings, more space for pretty flowers to grow and so on...yummy. For more info on creating such a space, visit the Environment Agency site here:
www.environment–agency.gov.uk/greenroofs
We would LOVE to see pictures of your thriving green roofs, if you have any to share ;)


on November the 28th I had:

1 quart water
little mug of rooibus tea
2 cups energy soup with crackers on the side, followed by a little leftover goji/pomegranate pudding
little mug of rooibus tea
1 quart water
1 quart veggie juice – celery, cucumber, kale, fennel, ginger, endive, carrot
2 fuyu persimmons
2 cups water

on November the 29th I had:

1 quart water
little mug of rooibus tea
1.5 quarts veggie juice: celery, cucumber, kale, fennel, ginger, endive, carrot
1 tsp wheatgrass powder
mug of rooibus tea
1.5 cups greeeen veggie juice
yummy raw meal at Manna in Brighton – raw ‘tortilla’ with salad & guacamole, followed by raw chocolate cake and ice cream – YUMM
3 cups water


OOoOooooo, did you hear the interview Kevin Gianni recently put up with Steve Pavlina? LOVE IT :) Awwwwww, two such kind, open–hearted, healthy, loving men sharing an hour’s discussion on self–development and finding/enjoying your life path – I thought it was very yummy...and SO insightful too. I just LOVE the way Steve’s logic seems to work, while at the same time his heart seems totally engaged. He is so SO clear – it’s like truth, simplicity and clarity seem to just effortlessly flow through him and out into the world... He has some outstanding info to share in this interview about offering VALUE to other people, while doing smthg that you love. I think that’s so beautiful...it’s not abt focusing on how to make MONEY from doing smthg you love – rather how to offer true VALUE to other people, then the money just flows, like any energy...I love that...you can listen to the interview on Kevin’s site HERE. THANKS, guys, for sharing this lovely info... Steve just finished a 30–Day Juice Feast too – WOW – go Steve :) He had a pretty intense journey with it, mostly emotionally – you can read his recent summary of that on his blog HERE.
ENJOY :)
All love,
Angela. xxx

blog comments powered by Disqus