Friday 12 February 2010

Have *You* Ever Had an "Ice Cream Bean" Fruit...?

Three things I'm currently excited about:

1. 'Ice Cream Bean' Fruits :) This evening I found a new (to me) fruit in a local store in Ojai, called "The Ice Cream Bean" fruit, or "Inga edulis" by its Latin name...it is *so* cool :) It is shaped like a huge green pod, which opens up to reveal cotton-candy-like white pods of fruit, wrapped around black beans. The white fruit tastes like *vanilla ice cream* and apparently in some places the black beans are cooked and eaten too...wow :) It is native to S. America, so hopefully we'll be able to grow it in Ecuador... We filmed a video on this yummy fruit tonight, that we'll post over at TheRawFoodWorld.TV soon...

2. Permaculture in Vilcabamba...I recently found out that there's a Canadian guy called Yves running a 10 acre Permaculture village on the outskirts of Vilcabamba - YAY :) He went there at the tender age of 20 with less than $2000 to his name and a vision in his heart ;) He now has a community with abode/cob buildings, a yurt, a humanure system, amazing gardens and the intention to run Permaculture courses there in the future - *LOVE* it - we hope to connect with him when we get back down there soon...you can read more abt Yves' adventures HERE.

3. Green Smoooothies - I am *loving* drinking green smoothies at the moment, throughout the day...as some of you know, I have a sweeet tooth and whenever I eat something savoury, I always want to eat smthg sweet after it, which can lead to other-than-optimal food combinations...my current side-step of this pattern involves drinking green juices and smoothies throughout the day...because green smoothies are already sweet, I feel no pull to have anything else sweet after them - in fact the only thing I add in is Spirulina Manna sprinkled on top, so I have 'spirulina-mouth' condition more-or-less most of the time at the moment... ;)

What are *you* excited about, dear reader...?

on February the 10th it was mmmmmy sister's 35th birthday and I enjoyed:

1 quart water
2 cups greeeeeen juice
2 cups greeeeeeen smoothie: apple, sunflower greens, meiner's lettuce, chia flour, water, with Spirulina Manna sprinkled on top
2 cups water
1.5 cups reishi/shilajit/ormus tea
2 cups greeeeeeeeen juice
1 quart greeeeeeen smoothie: apple, sunflower greens, meiner's lettuce, chia flour, water, with Spirulina Manna sprinkled on top
3 cups greeeeeeen smoothie: apple, cilantro, meiner's lettuce, chia flour, water, with Spirulina Manna sprinkled on top
2 cups reishi/shilajit/ormus tea
2 cups water

I've been doing quite a lot of 'manual labour' in the last week or so, at our warehouse, where things have been intensely expanding and there is a lot to 'do' every day...I actually really enjoy it - I love doing physical work and used to do a lot of it before I started the RawReform website in 2004. Prior to website-ery I was working on farms, teaching English to primary school children, working in greenhouses and so on...and these last few years I've been tapping a lot on computer keyboards instead... ;) Mmmmm...it feels so *right* to be moving around all day... So, I'm really enjoying helping out in the warehouse, movin' and shakin' all day long and am even further excited to get back down to our land in Ecuador in a couple of weeks, to start channeling my activity into the land there - yeeeeeeee-HAH :)

on February the 11th I loved:

1 quart water
1.5 cups reishi/shilajit/ormus tea
2 cups greeeeen juice
2 cups greeeeeeen smoothie: apple, meiner's lettuce, parsley, chia flour, Ormus Greens, water, with Spirulina Manna sprinkled on top
2 cups greeeeeeen smoothie: apple, meiner's lettuce, parsley, chia flour, Ormus Greens, water, with Spirulina Manna sprinkled on top
1 quart greeeen smoothie: apple, meiner's lettuce, parsley, chia flour, Ormus Greens, water, with Spirulina Manna sprinkled on top
2 cups greeeeeen juice
3 cups greeeeen smooothie: papaya, boysenberries, sunflower greens, romaine lettuce, chia flour, water, with Spirulina Manna sprinkled on top
1.5 cups reishi/shilajit/ormus tea
2 cups water

In the midst of the warehouse cyclone of activity this week, our dear friend Kiumars Imandel of TheGuruOfYou.com came to visit, mid-Juice Feast, to pick up some juicy supplies, share some much-appreciated energy work with us and do some filming - fun :) He interviewed me for about an hour and is posting the clips up to his YouTube account - you can see the first one here:


Kiu's a great interviewer and asked lots of insightful, juicy Qs about my life pre-raw, our intentions in Ecuador, the relationship between Mr. M and I, my 'spiritual' life practices and lots more...enjoy ;)

All love,
Ms. Stokes-Monarch. xxx

blog comments powered by Disqus