Wednesday 31 March 2010

Why Am I Not Losing Weight on Raw?" - Your Qs Answered...

A little reminder that tonight we intend to enjoy another LIVE broadcast for The Raw Food World TV Show :) We had *great* fun on the first live show last week and hope you'll join us for this show tonight at THIS LINK :)

------------

In the meantime, I thought y'all might enjoy seeing a little article I just sent out in my newsletter this week, called "Why Am I Not Losing Weight on Raw?" - Your Qs Answered... the article is set out below, betwixt the food logs...ENJOY :)


-------------
One of the questions from readers that I get asked most often by email is "Why am I not losing weight on raw?"
While in my experience *most* people who start eating primarily raw, fresh, whole foods start to release weight, there are others who seem to struggle...here is some of the guidance I usually share with people in this situation:

There could be any number of factors at play in a situation where someone is holding on to excess weight... One of the first things I would suggest to consider is your thyroid - have you been tested recently for any possible thyroid issues?
If you are not eating totally raw, what else are you eating that is not raw? That is a huge area of consideration in itself; if you are consuming 'toxic' foods such as processed starches and refined sugars even a little, you are not giving your body the opportunity to take healing to the next level. This is KEY for losing weight - cut those highly processed foods out of your intake *completely* and you will very likely start to see results.


on March the 28th I loved:

1 quart water
water of 2 *amazing* young coconuts
2 shots yummy wheatgrass juice mixture at Vilcabamba market
a red banana
2 cups greeeeeen/carrot juice
big bowl of fruit salad with chia-cinnamon-maca-almond milk pudding on top - WOW :) LOVE chia ;)
mug of reishi/shilajit/ormus tea with cinnamon-maca-almond milk stirred in - OUTRAGEOUS :)
3 cups water
2 cups coconut water mixed with Phytoplankton
another outstanding mug of reishi/shilajit/ormus tea with cinnamon-maca-almond milk stirred in, accompanied by a little raw cookie 'batter' while preparing for the dehydrator...;)
1 cup water

Eating late in the day, when the sun has gone down and/or other-than-optimal food combining can be big issues for people too. Aim to have your biggest meal of the day in the middle of the day rather than in the evening and watch for known food combining issues such as starchy foods with protein-rich foods, fruit/sugary food with protein-rich food and so on...do your best to keep things simple for your digestive tract and you may even find digestive enzymes useful to help move things along more easily...
Not getting enough exercise to keep burning up the stuff you're eating is another key area to consider too...for example, consuming lots of sugars/fruits combined with a sedentary lifestyle is not a great combo... ;)
My main question for anyone in this situation is: are you doing any regular colon cleansing? I feel that this is another vital part of keeping up with our detox when we choose a raw lifestyle. Whether you are doing professional colonics or just enemas at home, most of us have *so* much to release that if you're not keeping up with that releasing process through internal cleansing, you can easily run into back-up issues.
I strongly recommend reading the 'How to go Raw' article by Mr. Monarch if you haven't already, to get more perspective on this matter - see HERE; the 'Blood Gas' and 'Missing Link' articles might be great to review too...

on March the 29th I enjoyed:

1 quart water
3 cups coconut water mixed with Marine Phytoplankton and Chocolate Extract Drops
2 cups greeeeeen juice mixed with carrot juice
flax crackers topped with avo mush (avocado, basil, garlic, dulse, salt, lime juice), chopped toamtoes and lettuce, followed by a chunk of raw 'cookie' mixture from dehydrator - yummmmm ;)
mug of reishi/shilajit/ormus tea
3 cups water
2 cups coconut water mixed with Marine Phytoplankton and Chocolate Extract Drops
bowl of fruit salad (dragon fruit, papaya, banana) with maca-cinnamon-almond-milk soaked chia
2 cups water


on March the 30th I was blissed with:

1 quart water
2 cups coconut water mixed with Marine Phytoplankton
2 cups greeeeeeen juice mixed with carrot juice
flax crackers topped with avo mush (avocado, basil, garlic, dulse, salt, lime juice), chopped toamtoes and lettuce, followed by a chunk of raw 'cookie' mixture from dehydrator - yummmmm ;)
3 cups water
2 cups coconut water mixed with Marine Phytoplankton
2 cups greeeeeeen juice mixed with carrot juice
2 cups water

Also consider how many GREENS you're eating in contrast to other foods - leafy green vegetables in particular are *vital* for feeling balanced, mineralised, calm and alkalising the body to help release excess weight. Especially at the start of raw food journeys, many people tend to over-do heavy 'gourmet' dishes, with lots of dried fruits, nuts, seeds and so on and perhaps don't include as many greeeeens as might be optimal...make sure you're drinking at least one green drink a day to help your body release: that might be a green juice, green smoothies (blending together leafy greens with fruit in a blender), or even just a green powder in liquid...salads, green soups and salad dressings are all great ways to get more greeeeens into your body ;)

We can of course also consider weight retention from more 'emotional/spiritual/psychological' perspectives too, which is an area my book "Raw Emotions" goes into in depth...for now, you might ask yourself a few simple questions such as:

*"What do I *get* from not releasing this weight?"
*"Am I afraid to be slimmer/healthy/radiant?"
*"Which blocks can I identify in my life path right now around weight release?"
*"Am I truly *happy* eating raw, or am I forcing myself and feeling 'deprived'?"
*"Which one thing that I'm not currently doing, could I do on a daily basis that I *know* would help me to release weight and transform my life?"
*"Am I overeating and if so, what triggers me into that?"
*"Are there any big emotional blocks in my life I am yet to resolve (jealousies, resentments, bitterness) - if yes, why do I resist letting go of this painful baggage?"

...and so on...simple healing techniques such as reiki or Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), can help people resolve these kinds of blocks and release excess weight too...
I hope all of that helps give some 'food for thought' to anyone sitting with a plateau right now - best wishes to you all... ;)


All love and lightning-bright-beams-of-joy
Angelalalaalaaaaaaaaaa. xxx

blog comments powered by Disqus