Monday 9 March 2009

Gettin' Juicy with The Global Juice Feast 2009 :)

In case it somehow passed you by, this year’s Global Juice Feast is now in session :) It started last Saturday, the 7th and runs for the next 92–days orrrrr...for as long as you like ;) The beauty of the GJF is that you can participate as little or as much as you like – do a full 92–day juicy session like I did back in 2006–2007, or do one day a week for the Feasting season, or do a 3–day stint, or 47 days – whatever works for YOU ;)
If you’ve never checked out the GlobalJuiceFeast.com community site, that might be a yummy place for you to check into as well – it’s a free 'Ning' community full of juicy beings worldwide...
Here’s a very cool little juicy story one reader sent recently:

“I started a juice feast yesterday, and Boy was it so much fun too. I had so much Energy too. I Was cleaning my whole kitchen, took out the garbage, did some Laundry and then when out and watered my gardens, all 12 of them. Then I came in and got on my Treadmill for 70 mins. I had a total of 5 Quarts of juice. I never Felt Hungry. My body was getting what it needed, so there were no cravings for any kind of food. Now I am on day 2 and drinking my first Quart of juice. Oh and I lost 6 more Pounds too. WoW!!! How about that for a neat thing.”
Doug


I LOVE this little heart–felt testimonial – it totally illustrates the ENERGY and passion that so many people seem to feel while JF–ing...love it :)
You can check out the JuiceFeasting.com HQ HERE and my book on this subject – ‘A Juice Feaster’s Handbook’ HERE.
ENJOY your juicy journeys, dear ones...

on March the 8th I had:

1 quart water
big mug of pau d’arco tea
3 cups greeeeeeen juice: celery, cucumber, fennel, parsley, ginger, lemon
30 chlorella ‘nuts’
1 quart hemp milk with cinnamon/cardamom
3 cups water
2 tbsp bee pollen
mug of rooibus tea
3 cups greeeeeeen juice: celery, cucumber, fennel, parsley, ginger, lemon
2 tbsp Sproutein powder
1 quart hemp milk with cinnamon/cardamom
2 cups water


on March the 9th I had:

1 quart water
big mug of pau d’arco tea
big chunk of fresh pineapple
3 cups greeeeeeen juice: celery, cucumber, fennel, parsley, ginger, lemon
2 cups energy soup with okra and tahini
mug of spicy tea
3 cups water
2 cups greeeen juice: celery, fennel, parsley, mixed sprouts, ginger
3 cups pumpkin seed milk with cardamom/cinnamon
2 cups water

Tomorrow evening (Thursday March 12th), I’ll be giving my ‘swan song’ raw food talk in the UK at the charming Manna raw food café in Brighton. The talk starts at 7pm and will likely be the last time I speak here for quite a little while, all being well with my US visa unfoldments... ;) SO, t’would be lovely to see you there if you’re in this area...you can reserve seats HERE...

Manna also have an ext–RAW–dinary looking raw chocolate superhero party coming up this Saturday with a rumba/samurai theme... ;) lol... The action starts at 7pm and there will be live music from duet Shrinari, plus all kinds of chocolate treats, elixirs and delights to devour ;)

...as ever, if these events are not in YOUR area and you’d love somewhere to play with raw friends TOO, then you can always check the fabulous online calendar at GiveItToMeRaw.com HERE, for events in your vicinity – or add events in there yourself :)
(Personally, if I was in California this weekend, methinks I would head along to either the fabulous–looking ‘2012 Quantum Leap’ event that Ms. Laura Fox is involved with, HERE or the lovely Green Lifestyle Film Festival in LA, which you can see more about HERE – please do let us know your experiences at these events if you’re attending... ;)

on March the 10th I had:

1 quart water
mug of pau d’arco tea
big chunk of fresh pineapple
2 cups greeeeeeen juice: celery, cucumber, fennel, parsley, ginger, lemon
2 cups energy soup with okra and tahini
mug of spicy tea
3 cups water
an apple, a big bowl of YUMMY Shazzie salad and raw truffles with freshly brewed herbal teaaaaaa = yum
2 cups water


on March the 11th I had:

1 quart water
mug of freshly made herbal tea concoction
glass of watermelon/banana ‘juice’
little glass of almond milk
yummy meal at Manna of shared raw burger/pizza, followed by strawberry/coconut tart and blue lotus tea
3 cups water
3 cups green juice: celery, cucumber, fennel, endive, landcress, parsley, ginger
3 cups hemp milk with cinnamon/cardamom
1 cup water

On the subject of California, HERE is a GREAT little YouTube video on suburban permaculture in SoCal that I watched recently – LOVE the natural air drier ;)


..and for those of you in the UK, HERE is an amazing documentary on permaculture that was shown recently by the BBC and now can be seen online (unfortunately it seems like this only works if viewed from the UK though – sorry other readers – there are MASSES of great permaculture resources/videos available online though, if you poke around... ;)
Enjoy :)

All love and shiny knee-pads,
Miss Stokes. xxx

blog comments powered by Disqus