Saturday 22 December 2007

Raw Radiance...

Looking for smthg inspiring for the New Year? Well, here is an opportunity not to be overlooked…there’s a course coming up soon in Hawai’i that I would attend in a heartbeat if I was able to go there…it’s a RAW Permaculture Course. YUMM. This is one thing that's been on my personal goal list for years…If the term ‘Permaculture’ is unfamiliar to you, it is a union of the words ‘permanent’ and ‘agriculture’ and is based around creating SUSTAINABLE living systems – for our gardens, homes, communities and more…It is all about working WITH nature and mimicking natural ecosystems. The intention is to move away from reliance on industrial systems of production and distribution. Permaculture was developed HERE actually, in Australia back in the 70s, by David Holmgren and Bill Mollison, who’s still running courses now :) I have long wanted to do the full-length Permaculture Design Course and am SO excited to see people holding RAW versions of the course – this is (unfortunately) rare it seems – the only people I’ve known to hold RAW Permaculture courses so far are the lovely Steve Charter in the UK/Spain and now this team behind the upcoming courses on Hawai’i – the beautifully named ‘Living Mandala’. There are actually going to be two courses running back-to-back – firstly a 2-week Permaculture Design Course from February the 3rd-19th, then later a hands-in-the-dirt Practicum from Feb 24th-29th. Participants get to learn in a tropical paradise, share with other like-minded yumsters, receive certification for both courses AND eat luscious raw food the whole time (made by someone else – nice – PLUS – other food options available if you’re not up for full-on raw… ;)…sounds blissful…hope it all rocks on in 2009 too, so I can play as well…in the meantime, if this is tickling YOUR interest nodules, do check out their website here for more info: http://www.livingmandala.com

on December the 21st I had:

1 quart water
‘The Cleansing Drink’ #1
= 8oz water, 2oz apple juice, 1 tbsp liquid bentonite, 1tsp psyllium powder
Followed by 10oz water mixed with 1tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1tsp raw honey
3 cups mizuna/tatsoi/romaine/kale/parsley/spinach/all-kinds-of-greens/cucumber/celery/beetroot/apple/ginger/garlic/daikon juice
‘The Cleansing Drink’ #2
1 pint mizuna/tatsoi/romaine/kale/cilantro/spinach/all-kinds-of-greens/cucumber/celery/beetroot/apple/daikon juice
‘The Cleansing Drink’ #3
1 pint mizuna/tatsoi/iceburg/kale/parsley/spinach/all-kinds-of-greens/cucumber/turmeric/beetroot/apple/daikon juice
‘The Cleansing Drink’ #4
1 pint mizuna/tatsoi/iceburg/kale/parsley/spinach/all-kinds-of-greens/cucumber/turmeric/beetroot/apple/daikon juice
‘The Cleansing Drink’ #5
2 cups water

Do you know any raw dogs? Do you perhaps live with one? Well…the lovely Anna from raw lifestyle magazine ‘Purely Delicious’ wants to hear YOUR story ;) She is putting together a ‘Radiant Hound’ calendar for 2009 and is looking for submissions. Here are the details:

“I would love it if those of you that are feeding your companion dogs a diet comprised mostly or entirely of fresh, raw ingredients, would consider sharing a bit of your experience with us. I would also like to include photographs of the dogs we select for the calendar. You are welcome to keep your personal information confidential (name, location, etc). If you have a story or recipe you would like to share, and believe that you currently have or can get a good quality photograph of your dog, please forward it to: anna@purelydelicious.net You may also send any questions to this same address. We don't need the photographs at this time, but if you have a thumbnail you would like to send along with your story/recipe, feel free to do so. There will be prizes for the winning entries… MINIMUM photo specifications are as follows:
- 8x12 (inches) or 3609x2406 (pixels)

- at least 300 dpi
- .jpg format

- full color (no black and white images, please)
- if you use a professional photographer to take the photograph, please get their written permission and appropriate credit line for reprinting in a calendar.”


on December the 22nd I had:

1 pint water
‘The Cleansing Drink’ #1
= 8oz water, 2oz apple juice, 1 tbsp liquid bentonite, 1tsp psyllium powder
Followed by 10oz water mixed with 1tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1tsp raw honey
1 pint mizuna/tatsoi/iceburg/kale/parsley/spinach/all-kinds-of-greens/cucumber/turmeric/beetroot/apple/daikon juice
‘The Cleansing Drink’ #2
3 cups celery/cucumber/apple/ginger juice
‘The Cleansing Drink’ #3
1 pint mizuna/dandelion/iceburg/cilantro/daikon/all-kinds-of-greens/tatsoi/cucumber/apple/carrot juice
‘The Cleansing Drink’ #4
1 pint mizuna/dandelion/iceburg/cilantro/daikon/all-kinds-of-greens/tatsoi/cucumber/apple/carrot juice
‘The Cleansing Drink’ #5
2 cups water

My psyllium-bentonite cleanse is still going grand. I’m at the end of day 5 as I write this…I've actually started to see some sections of the ‘black-tyre-rubber’ stuff come out of me. Nice. I've started using additives in the enema water like liquefied, strained garlic water or liquid bentonite. I LOVE the psyllium and bentonite products from the 7-Day Cleanse that I’m using. They’re the ones Bernard Jensen recommends in his book and they’re so quaint and old-fashioned looking ;) They also seem extremely high quality to me – I love that the psyllium is powdered – it seems to make it much more user-friendly to me than the full husk, which I’m used to using… I am brushing my teeth a LOT – about 8-10 times a day at the moment – there’s a lot of apple juice, honey, juices etc going in and I can’t bear the fuzzy-teeth feeling, so, much scrubbing is the answer ;) My energy today has been really great. I find that as long as I take time to rest after the morning enema sessions, I feel good for the rest of the day. I’m definitely at a much slower walking pace than normal though – I also stand up slowly after being seated for a while, as my blood pressure is pretty low right now… I also notice how sensitive I’m becoming to chemicals. We went to some shops a couple of days ago and one that had a lot of plastic items in it was almost unbearable for me – it felt SO toxic to breathe in there for me…I recall having similar experiences last year in Costa Rica on my Juice Feast and starting to consider just how far it might be beneficial in our modern world to keep on detoxing/ cleansing…there simply comes a point when being in a city full of pollution, for example, feels deadly, if you’re extremely ‘clean’. Those of you who’ve read Mr Monarch’s latest book – Raw Success – will know that he goes deep into these environmental factors in regards to our food/lifestyle choices…it’s a big area to consider...hmmmm... ;)

All blessings,
Angela. xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment