Sunday 17 June 2007

Fun and Games...

Stumbled across this amusing raw version of ‘I will survive’ on YouTube today: ‘I will Eat Raw’…sweet ;)



On June the 16th I consumed:

1.5 litres water
700ml celery/cucumber/apple/ginger juice
5 peaches
green salad (broccoli greens, arugula, watercress, basil) with cumin, lemon juice, avocado, salt (MMMMMmmmmm ;)
ground almonds mixed with lucuma powder and local raw honey
1 litre water
¼ large watermelon
2 boxes strawberries
500ml water
500ml celery/cucumber/apple/ginger juice
3tbsps hemp seed with 3 tbsps bee pollen
1 litre water

WOW - the little sweet mixture I made of ground almonds with lucuma powder and local raw honey today was AMAZING...it tastes just like shortbread to me - I'd never tried this combination before, but was inspired to find something to do with some yummy local raw honey I bought this weekend...this was the result - so simple - just 3 ingredients - and SO delicious...wow...my new favourite raw treat... ;)

On June the 17th I had:

1.5 litres water
500ml celery/cucumber/apple/ginger juice
¼ large watermelon
kale salad – kale, avo, lemon juice, cumin, fresh chives, tomatoes, olives, dulse
new yummy shortbread discovery stuff :)
1.5 litre water
1 box strawberries
500ml green juice
small green salad - broccoli greens, arugula, basil – with dressing made from ground flax, bit of green juice, dab of honey and cumin
1 litre water

I was intrigued to receive from Jinjee a couple of days ago the link to a Time Magazine article on ‘What the World Eats’ – this is a photo essay that shows families from all over the world with their typical weekly food intake laid out in front of them. I was mainly intrigued because of the incredible synchronicity I experienced around this. I first saw these pictures about 10 years ago, in another magazine. I have barely thought of them since. The DAY BEFORE Jinjee sent this out, I just began speaking to my friend here in Canada about those exact pictures – they had been on my mind, as I was thinking how I’d love to see my before-and-after shots of a typical week’s food for myself, comparing pre-raw to now…my friend and I were amazed to discover we had in fact both seen these pictures, as it was a long time ago that I had seen that piece…then suddenly up popped the message in my inbox from Jinjee, about the exact same pics…wow…the universe has some interesting little games going on in the collective conscious ;) I’d totally recommend checking out the pics anyway – fascinating stuff…see them HERE...

Enjoy,
One love,
Angela. xxx

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet video, indeed! I am so close... Something that recently had a huge impact was hearing a simple comment from someone about what they had in their freezer. I used to have similar things in my freezer, but now the thought shocks me. I am so close... Thank you so much for all that you are sharing with us. It is so helpful.

    ReplyDelete