Tuesday 28 November 2006

detox digging in deeper...


Some observations about my body today:

1. I’m dealing with a PAINFUL mouth ulcer (canker sore)…it seems irritated by citrus and some sweet things…so, I’m trying to give myself a break from those things now…Master Cleanser in particular feels like it would be very painful today…owwwwww…detox can be so RUDE sometimes…
2. My teeth are still feeling extremely fuzzy at times…I am shocked at the amount of accumulated gunk on them when I scrape it off…hydrogen peroxide seems to be helping though.
3. My right calf muscle is complaining today in a way that feels as if it is not getting enough salt…hmmmmm…curious, as I’m getting masses of organic sodium from celery every day…it also wasn’t very impressed with skipping earlier - it tolerated it for a while, then didn’t want to play anymore…

Wow – my skin is also really throwing some stuff out and off of this body. I skinbrush daily, but don’t have the back-attachment for my brush with me right now. Last night in the shower I suddenly realised that as I washed my back, layers of skin were rolling off my upper back…wow…pretty intense…it felt really good to help my body release that stuff…I guess that area is not getting the same attention with skin brushing that the rest of my skin is…I got the message and will do my best to help all my skin release well now – the back is such a large surface area of the body, after all… we’re hoping to go and stay at some hot springs for a few days someday soon too, which would really help with the skin detox too – say YES to manifest ;)

I noticed today that I seem to go through a dip in energy in the time frame from around 4-7pm at the moment – I have a lot of energy once I get going in the mornings and I also feel good generally at night, but the hours in-between are the most challenging for me…that’s when I need to be the most quiet and listen to my body it seems…

Today I have had:
1 litre (1 quart) water with lime
600ml (2.5 cups) coconut water with green powder and pollen
1.15 litres (1 quart + ½ cup) watermelon juice
½ litre (1 quart) carrot and apple juice
1 litre (1 quart) tamarind juice
250ml (1 cup) water
1.25 litres (1 quart + 1cup) green juice with carrot and ginger
½ litre (1 pint) ‘digestive’ tea
½ litre (1 pint) coconut water with green powder and pollen
½ litre (1 pint) coconut water with green powder

which makes…7.25 litres of liquids (nearly 2 gallons) today…
I think I forgot to ever mention before too that I am also taking digestive enzymes at the moment. I take about 1tsp of the powder a day. Taking them on an empty stomach is said to be like doing a cleansing process in itself. I tend to take them alongside my juice though – I chew the powder in my teeth before washing it down with juice. It’s amazing how much my teeth appreciate chewing that little bit of powder ;)

After the first half of today, I discovered again, through personal experience what the opposite of ‘mert’ is (see yesterday’s entry if this useful word has not yet embedded itself in your vocabulary…). It is immert… I was a bit sugared out again after coconut water, watermelon juice, carrot and apple and then tamarind – PHEW…that’s a pretty hefty sugar-load…and I definitely qualified as immert…I look forward to striking a good balance with the timing of my green juice intake compared to the more sugary stuff…tonight I feel way too washed out after a day of action and then enema-skin brush-shower-ing to make more green juice…I feel I’ve had enough celery for the day, but not as much fresh greens as would be optimal – for now though I’m substituting coconut water with green powder and am going to get to bed early, to let my body rest and heal…

All love and all blessings,
Angela. xxx

1 comment:

  1. 4-7 eh? thats adrenal time, according to chinese medicine. resting at that time is what i had recommended to me, by acupuncturist, as i have adrenal issues too.
    totally in awe of your accountability with this feast, dont know how you always have the energy to post! im very inspired and hope to hear all of your progress. im reading every day.

    lashings of good will. xxx

    ReplyDelete