Thursday 30 November 2006

Juicy inner child tantrums ;)


Here's a picture of the green pile I created before juicing today - I love it - chopping all this mountain of produce down into a huge pile that gets assimilated into ME :)
Today I started to feel bored of veggie juice for the first time though. I’m wanting more variety. We got hold of swiss chard and pumpkin and pineapple in the evening…it’s not easy to get many things organic here in Costa Rica and I feel like I’ve been having very similar juices for the last few days…the little girl in me is getting bored and wants FUN :)

Making pineapple juice tonight was good in terms of taste, but my body was not happy in terms of the acid. The mouth ulcer (canker sore) on the inside of my lip was unhappy and the tip of my tongue was screaming at me to stop. I didn’t want to because I was enjoying the taste, but after a while I had to draw the line and stop drinking it…booooooooooo…I want more fruits to play with that won’t hurt…there are no organic apples or pears available here…there are so many AMAZING looking berries and grapes and plums and so on in the supermarkets, but they’re all massively sprayed with pesticides…I’m really looking forward to experiencing the Organic Farmer’s Market this weekend to see if there’s more fun stuff to play with… :)

I’m not hungry though and I’m happy and grateful about that. It’s great to know that I’m 11 days into this and hunger isn’t really happening. I get twangs at times, but then I just make juice and it’s all fine again.
Something odd happened today – I started getting a twitch next to my left eye, on and off. I’ve never had a twitch before and I don’t know what it’s all about…guess I’ll just put that one down to ‘detox’ too for now… ;)

My energy pattern was different today. I slept eight hours and was very slow in the morning. It felt like it was hard to focus on anything. As the day went on I became more alert and alive, rather than dipping in the middle of the day. I went jogging around 4 and it was good…exploring new spaces again…but it was quite stop-and-go - walking a bit, jogging a bit - not very consistent...


Today I have had:

250ml (1 cup) water with lime juice
600ml (2.5cups) orange juice with tbsp flax oil
1 litre (1 quart) coconut water and green juice
1 litre (1 quart) green juice and coconut water with pollen and kelp
1 litre (1 quart) ‘garden’ juice – celery, spinach, cilantro, carrot, beetroot, radish, lettuce
600ml (2.5 cups) pineapple juice
250ml (1 cup) coconut water

which is 4.7 litres of liquids…or (1.25 gallons)…got all my greens :) just want more FUN now…tonight we bought amazing huge beautiful exotic flowers and they smell so good - maybe we'll juice them tomorrow... :)

We also went to a 'mainstream' social event tonight and it was strange for me to be in that kind of reality - where people were drinking wine and smoking and eating meat pittas and so on...it's a very different space...and I'm soooo glad and thankful to be doing this feast in conjunction with others...it feels much easier this way - to have comrades :)

All blessings to you all,
Angela. xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment