Wednesday 29 November 2006

Getting greener and cleaner...


I asked my body when I woke up this morning what times it wanted green juice and it said 11 and 7. Alright then. So, I stuck to that plan and it has worked out really well today. I’m happy. I’m also really delighted to be combining my green juices with coconut water. I find it makes them so much tastier and easier to get down. I love it. As you can see from this picture though, my tongue takes a bit of a battering from the greens… ;)

I slept a loooooooooong time last night – 9 hours of deep slumber. I experienced the same energy pattern again today – more energy in the morning and at night, with a real dip in the middle of the day. I decided to experiment. I haven’t jogged for a couple of days, so decided to try that out, to see if jolting my metabolism with exercise would help my body or result in feeling less energetic. Overall I feel jogging helped and it was fun to also check out the new neighbourhood I’m in here in Costa Rica. I made a joyous discovery that the ‘herbal’ shop a few streets over sells Flax Oil. WOW. I have been soooo craving that stuff – I feel like my body wants more EFAs. I was amazed to be able to conduct a whole conversation about kelp and flax oil with the shop owner in Spanish and jogged merrily home with my new find. It is definitely not the greatest quality flax oil EVER – it has a bizarre lemon flavour to it – but it definitely ticked some boxes for me in terms of nutrition…I felt a big rush after taking it, like my body saying ‘thank you, thank you :)’. I’m sooo looking forward to getting hemp oil soon to feed these cells too…

I’m feeling more and more sensitive as the days go by. Today I was sat in a position, working on my computer, where the computer was touching both of my legs. My energy went very very low. It was hard to keep my eyes open. When I moved the computer away from my legs, however, my energy picked back up. Interesting. Tonight I’m also experiencing the strong sensation of smelling paint fumes, yet there’s apparently nothing detectable to anyone else…I guess some old toxins are clearing out of my throat…

Today I have had:

1 litre (1 quart) water with lime juice
1 litre (1 quart) green juice with coconut water
1 litre (1 quart) green juice with red pepper and carrot
750ml (3 cups) guayaba/grenadillo/water apple/mango juice
1.75 litres (1 quart and 3 cups) green juice with coconut water

which makes…5.5 litres of the good stuff (1 gallon, 5 cups)…wow, the fruit mix in the afternoon was great – really interesting flavours…water apples have just come into season here – red and crisp and yummy…

Day 10…wow…that feels like a significant landmark…1/9th of the way through now, more or less…exciting :)
One thing that has been striking today is people asking ‘why?’ when they hear abt this fast. I guess a fast of this length seems long even to most raw foodists, so to someone eating a ‘standard diet’, it must seem like off-the-scale insanity and deprivation… I explain the idea of cleansing the body down to a cellular level…to really detox and clear out all the accumulated junk from my years of junk food bingeing…I really wonder how that message comes across to people…LOL…what to do??? Just be the change…always my best option ;)

One love,
Angela. xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment