Friday 24 November 2006

Life is just beachy...

Today, for me, has been wonderful, restful, interesting, intense, inward...
I went to the beach for the first time...WOW...beautiful...stunning...a huge open vista on crashing blue waves, a deserted beach, strewn with pretty shells and driftwood...

I met enormous crocodiles on the way there, many amusing hermit crabs and a huge frog...I jumped in the waves of the warm ocean, napped in a hammock under palm trees and admired the skillful surfers out on the water...Being away from the house all day meant that today I also tried out the master cleanser recipe for the first time - lots of it :) I liked it, but it definitely has a medicinal quality to me...I used to make hot water with ginger, lemon and honey to drink when I had a sore throat and this really reminded me of that...it was great though - I love how cleansing the cayenne feels and it sustained me throughout the day, along with the wonderful coconut water and green powders...

...and I JOGGED ON THE BEACH :) I was soooooooooooo happy to jog again, after missing it out for 2 days - it felt really important to do it today, to keep my body in that frame-work, rather than allowing inertia to seep in more...it felt soooooooooo good. I guess I ran about a mile...my body was so thankful for it and it lifted my metabolism and got me smiling. I also got in a couple of minutes of sungazing for the first time in weeks, which was great, right before a beautiful ocean sunset...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

I got car-sick on the 2 hour journey to the beach today...the car fumes are very strong here and I'm finding it increasingly difficult to handle the pollution as I go deeper into this cleanse...I'm getting more and more sensitive...it got me thinking about what it means to take the body to deep levels of cleanliness...it seems that one really needs to be prepared to go out and live in the wilderness if deep cleanliness is desired...if we were not born from a body that was very cleansed and then fed breast milk or other milk products that were not particularly 'clean' either, deep cleansing is really like going beyond taking our bodies back to the state they were in when we were born...into a new territory of cleanliness...which can create a situation where one becomes quite 'dysfunctional' in many living situations, as the pollution becomes so intense to such a clean system...for example, the smell of my friend's body lotion, which just a few days ago smelt really nice to me, today seemed so strong that I could barely tolerate it... so, a lot of my thoughts today were around that matter - wondering how far down the 'rabbit hole' of cleansing I want to take this body and more immediately, where do I want to locate this body during my time in Costa Rica, if the city seems to be proving a bit too polluted for me to handle...well...the beach is pretty appealing, from what I've experienced today... ;)

Today I have had:

water - about 1.5 litres (1quart + 1pint)
coconut water - about 3 litres (3 quarts) (some with green powder too)
master cleanser - about 2 litres (2 quarts)
green juice - 750ml (3cups)

which makes about 7.25 litres (nearly 2 gallons) of juice...and I feel good. My energy has again been pretty low overall today, but it felt good actually, to take time out and rest on the beach - I dozed a lot and then the jogging was the perfect antidote after rest to get my metabolism up again...exercise feels soooo good now...I want to keep that going every day...

I've also been really appreciating the action of 'chewing' my juices...swirling them in my mouth and making a chewing action with my jaw, allowing the juices to inter-mingle with saliva...I notice what a difference this makes to the feel, texture and taste of the juice...and I wonder how it will be for me to eat foods again at some point...I imagine after 3 months of such attention to how things pass through my mouth that eating will become very slow and focused...we'll see... ;)

All blessings, maximum joy,
Angela. xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment