Friday 11 May 2007

Subtle influences...

I met the grand-daddy of Juice Feasting on Wednesday night. I spoke in Houston, TX at a raw potluck and the marvellous Mr John Rose came along for the evening. John has been doing Juice Feasts for about 18 years and has helped thousands of others rebuild their health along the way. He passed on the concept to David Rain a few years back, who passed it to me last autumn…so, it was really exciting for me to meet this kind, gentle, loving man who is so ready and willing to help others help themselves. He works tirelessly sharing this message. You can see more about John at www.juicefeasting.com.

On Wednesday 9th of May I had:

750ml water
600ml veggie juice
1 small papaya
400ml water
avocado with spinach, cumin, Himalayan crystal salt, in nori
1 litre water
1 plate of raw potluck food – salad, eggplant pizza, fermented veggies and so on
1 litre water

The potluck was great – very ‘clean’ food – lots of greens and quite simple things – travelling all over this country, it’s so interesting to see the different character of the various raw groups and potlucks – some seem to be all about cakes and pies and chocolate and may have an air almost of ‘competition’ between the people creating amazing concoctions…and others are much simpler and ‘greener’…and of course all kinds of variations inbetween…I love them all and love too that I have the opportunity to meet so many wonderful people this way ;)

on Thursday 10th of May I had:

750ml water
700ml celery/cucumber/kale juice
1 small papaya
500ml water
avocado/Himalayan crystal salt/spinach in nori
500ml water
box of strawberries
3 apples
1 litre water

WOW…I am SOOOO relieved – my old trusty laptop has finally been given permission to retire after 2 years of outstanding service in the name of raw food ;) A super-shiny new MacBook Pro has come to take over the task of helping me spread the word and so far, we’re getting on really well…I’m delighted. I had HUGE fear about how to transfer all my gubbins from one machine to another, then the nice Apple people sold me a tiny piece of wire – about 12 inches long that somehow sent everything from one machine to the other and *DING*, that was it, job done…hallelujah for the magical Mac people that help make my life so much easier… :)

Today – Friday 11th May, I have had:

750ml water
300ml prune soak water
6oz soaked dried prunes
500g watermelon cubes
250ml water
200g hemp seeds mixed with fresh bee pollen
600g watermelon cubes
250ml water
avo/lime juice/Himalayan salt/nori and dulse
400ml chamomile tea
1 litre water

Today was a travelling day for me…am back over on the US east coast now…I speak here tomorrow evening in Connecticut…I spent most of today on planes and in airports again…I seem to have developed a pattern of causing disruption around the X-ray machines lately…for a start, I am nearly always carrying some kind of liquid that the staff want me to dispose of or consume before they will let me through – often water, but frequently green juice, which raises a few eyebrows…then pretty much without fail of late, the security people always want to go through my food bag…I am starting to think this is just out of curiosity ;) LOL…today for example the guy was fascinated with my seaweeds and coconut butter, calling over colleagues for show-and-tell…it nearly always turns into a little raw food introduction conversation…I have begun to consider it like my airport outreach education work…lol…sharing the raw message with the world’s security check-point staff, one airport at a time…so next time you’re in an airport, look out for me at the x-ray area – I’ll be the one downing bottles of green juice and displaying packets of gojis… ;)

One love,
Angela. xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment