Monday 28 May 2007

In the Blue Ridge Mountains...

"I do not think that any civilization can be called complete until it has progressed from sophistication to unsophistication, and made a conscious return to simplicity of thinking and living."
Lin Yutang
The Importance of Living 1938

Ahhhhhh…beautiful – a dear friend sent me this quote recently…it really resonates for me…I’m all about getting life back to the basics here – natural, simple food, connection to the earth, honesty, direct communication, sharing love, keeping it positive and…COMPOSTING ;)…

on May the 26th I had:

1 litre water
350ml herbal tea
600ml green juice with apple
½ avocado with nori, lime, salt and greens
small plate of ‘rawluck’ food
1 litre water
slice of watermelon
600ml green juice with apple
½ avocado blended with spirulina, spinach and lime juice
1 litre water

I am in Asheville, North Carolina at the moment. Wow. What a MARVELLOUS little pocket of joy this place is…I was very excited to get here, as over this last 6 weeks of touring, people everywhere were telling me ‘you’ll love it there’ – and I do ;) Nestled in the Blue Ridge mountains, this little community is abundant with spectacular scenery, greenery, healers, artists, raw foodists, eco communities, creativity, organics and happy, smiley people :) NICE :)
I held a raw food seminar here this weekend – I spoke on Saturday afternoon about my transformation and raw foods in general, then Sunday afternoon was a workshop on Juice Feasting. It was all great fun AND this was also the end of this current tour for me :) YAY ;) I’ve been on the road for abt 6 weeks now on this tour and am excited to have a little break from that now – breathe in, breathe OUT ;) time to exhale now…Thanks to all of you beautiful people who have turned out along the way – it’s been a wonderful trip and I love and appreciate you all :) Thanks too for all the talk requests that you’ve been sending in – I’ll be back in the US hopefully from around Aug/Sept time and will be back on the road then to share again, so if you’d like to have a talk in YOUR area, just let us know – email angela@rawreform.com and we’ll see what we can do ;)

On May the 27th I had:

1 litre water
700ml green juice with apple
avocado with cumin, lime, salt, spinach and nori
1 litre water
150ml green juice with apple
200ml watermelon juice
600ml green juice with apple
sunflower seeds with spinach and a banana
1 litre water
bag of organic cherries
400ml herbal tea
300ml water

I spoke last weekend up in Pennsylvania at the wonderful Arnold’s Way health food store…owner Arnold Kauffman later put together a little article about my visit for his weekly newsletter…it is, I think, the sweetest, most observant, insightful and touching piece I have ever read on my story and work – you can check it out HERE.
(Incidentally, if you’re not familiar with the inimitable Arnold, here he is on YouTube talking about Vaccines - a topic I recently touched on here...)

All love and gratitude to all,
Angela. xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment