Monday 9 July 2007

WOW - the Wild Organic Way



Yesterday I ate at the wonderful WOW raw food restaurant in Guelph, Ontario. WOW stands for ‘Wild Organic Way’…and what a marvellous place it is. Run by beautiful shiny beings Carin and Thomas, this totally organic, raw restaurant has been open for nearly two years – quite some feat I would think in this fairly little town of Guelph…considering raw restaurants come and go pretty quickly even in the raw food ‘meccas’ of LA and NYC.
It’s clear there’s a very loving and loyal clientele at this place though and deservedly so – it’s beautiful. From the vibrant décor with many green plants, to the sublime food and super-friendly service – this place is such a treat. I had a delicious raw combo platter and a slice of their chocolate ‘dream pie’, which was literally given to Carin via a dream one night and is luscious (see pics ;) It also turned out that the universe had been playing one of its interesting games again, as just the DAY before, Carin had come across my ‘prune-eating-video’ on the internet and had been learning all about my story and work…then in I walked to the restaurant, the very next day ;) Beautiful how it all unfolds…You can see the contact details for WOW under ‘Guelph’ HERE.

On July the 8th I had:

1.5 litres water
1 litre rejuvelac
big bowl of raspberries
sample platter of quesadilla, falafel and taco with baby greens
slice of raw chocolate ‘dream pie’
1.5 litres water
500ml rejuvelac
2tbsp fresh bee pollen
2 litres watermelon juice

I ran somewhere in the region of 4-5kms this evening. WOW indeed…this, for me, was a great feeling. I have been running these last weeks in a local park, each time running to the next bench in a series of benches, before I turn around and come back. Well, I finally made it all the way to the end of the whole track and back, running the whole time. I was so pleased…I LOVE being able to run again after years of inertia and building up my stamina like this – it feels so empowering to me…I always feel snake-like in my spine after a good jog – like it does amazing things for my alignment...

On July the 9th I had:

1.5 litres water
500ml rejuvelac
2 litres watermelon juice
½ medium papaya
salad of baby spinach, sunflower greens, red pepper, dulse and sauerkraut with flax crackers and an AMAZING dressing I made with ground sunflower seeds, fresh basil, garlic, rejuvelac and salt1 litre water
500ml green juice with apple
big bunch of grapes and handful of freshly-foraged wild blackberries – YUMMMMMMMMMM :)
1.5 litres water

NEW EVENT: I am going to be speaking in Toronto on Saturday July the 21st. This was just announced today. It is a joint event, with Matt Monarch and I both speaking on raw food transformations. Hurrah. The event starts at 2.30pm in Nassau Street and you can see all the details HERE…hope to meet some of you there :)

All love,
Angela. xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment