Wednesday 11 July 2007

Going with the flow...

I like this picture of Maria - it looks to me like she's doing the Five Tibetan Rites ;)
I’ve been getting so much lovely feedback from y’all about the ‘Favourite Things’ song I just posted to YouTube – thanks so much ;) I especially like this comment on the YouTube space from ‘HerbGardener00’:

“how much cacao did you have before you filmed this? i love it!”

LOL…I actually hadn’t had any cacao before we filmed this…or before I wrote the lyrics either…it all just flowed by itself, promise ;)

On July the 10th I had:

1.5 litres water
500ml green juice with apple and ginger
bowl of chia seeds soaked in apple juice with apple pulp stirred back in, lucuma, maca, goji berries and raw honey
1 litre water
small cup of raw green soup with a big strip of dulse and piece of flax bread
1 litre water
300ml rejuvelac
small cup of mango parfait
big green salad with dulse strips and a dressing made from red pepper, leftover pumpkin seed spread, rejuvelac, salt and garlic
1.5 litres water

I moved house again…now I am immersed in the wonderland of a raw family raising two beautiful young boys. Never have I heard two BOYS speak and play together so lovingly, generously and openly – they are absolutely delightful, as are their parents of course. It’s fun too to try out tastes of someone ELSE’s raw food – that’s always so exciting ;) …different flavours and textures and ideas…I love it…it’s also so rewarding for me to learn from someone who is a raw food mother and who is in the home daily, making food and directing a lot of love and care in that direction. Taking time to make more complex dishes and prepare things is not so high on my agenda at this time in life and it’s so interesting for me to catch these glimpses into the world of someone who IS living that life…what a blessing…and how blessed we ALL are that there are people out there like this family, giving a huge amount of time, care and loving attention to raising incredibly vibrant, loving children to nourish this world…WOW…

On July the 11th I had:

1.5 litres water
2 tbsps bee pollen
small cup of banana/kale green smoothie
2 apples and a small handful of dulse strips
baby spinach and romaine with dulse, nori and a dressing made from ground seeds, aloe vera juice, garlic, cayenne, lemon juice and salt
1.5 litres water
300ml peppermint tea
1 litre celery/cucumber/romaine/fennel/apple juice
apple pulp mixed with maca, raisins and honey
small bowl of green salad with tomatoes and sunflower dressing
1 litre water

ALRIGHT. Ok. I give in. As un-thrilled as I am in general about quantities in regards to recipes, so many of you have emailed asking for quantities to make the lucuma shortbread recipe that I am going to do my best to give you some guidelines. I’ve said it before though and I’ll say it again now – JUST USE WHAT WORKS. Raw foods aren’t like cooked/processed foods in terms of consistent flavours – they can vary wildly – your lucuma powder might be totally different to mine…you might have really mild, runny honey and I have super-strong and thick manuka…just try it out and taste it and see if you like it –if you don’t, play some more…raw food can be FUN in this way – for me it’s about experimenting, not rigid weighing and measuring of ingredients…
OK, that little rant having been…‘runt’…(???), here’s a rough guideline:

Raw Shortbread:

1/2 cup ground almonds
1-2 tbsp raw honey
2 tbsp lucuma powder

Alright, try that out and let me know if it works for you…Enjoy ;)

All love,
Angela. xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment