Friday 13 April 2007

Connections and eruptions...






Google Groups Beta

Juice Feasters

Visit this group


OOoooooooooo, it’s FUN – people are already tapping in to the new Juice Feasters’ Google Group that was opened this week and are posting all kinds of msgs and Qs there…it is so nice for me to see that there is a place for people to easily connect abt this now – HURRAY :) Check it out here:

http://groups.google.com/group/juice-feasters

On Thursday 12th April I had:

500ml water
300ml coconut water
500ml tea
700ml veggie juice
meal of blended fig/coconut/dulse with banana/choc crepes
500ml water
500ml tea
500ml veggie juice
romaine/spinach/avo/pea salad with nori sheets
800ml water

One thing I’ve noticed since Juice Feasting and coming back here to California is that my skin seems to be much healthier and clearer in general – the skin on my face has been very expressive since the age of about 9 when I started to develop acne. Many of my ‘before’ pictures show how much I used to be affected by skin eruptions all over my face. This cleared a huge amount from going raw, but my skin would still let me know often that it wasn’t happy. These days, after all the cleansing of the Feast, it seems like I have cleared to a space where my skin is much healthier looking, MOST of the time – I still get a few things coming to the surface now and then, but mostly it seems very clean. This is a big turn-around for me after nearly 20 years of feeling like I pretty much always had spots on my face…it’s a very nice new experience…all the veggie juice is definitely helping I feel, along with getting such a HUGE variety of different greens and other produce here in California – like fenugreek, turnip greens, dandelion, fresh sprouts, different varieties of spinach and so on…I love it…I feel almost like my skin looks healthier every day at the moment…


Today I have had:

500ml lemon water
700ml water
200ml coconut water
500ml veggie juice
1 tsp bee pollen
meal of blended fig/coconut/dulse with banana/choc crepes
500ml water
500ml tea
500ml veggie juice
500ml water
salad - spinach, peas, avo, nori
800ml water

Tomorrow morning I leave California for Michigan….brrrrrrrr…am feeling quite sad to be leaving here and heading up into the colder climes…it is absolutely beautiful here right now – gorgeous warm days and blissful sunsets…I have had a wonderful time here since I got back from Costa Rica…the abundance of fresh produce at farmers’ markets especially is raw food heaven for me… ;)
I’m going up north to start my next talk tour – first event is at the Creative Health Institute in Michigan this Sunday, then I’ll be speaking at Yoga Now and Cousin’s IV in Chicago next week – Tusday and Wednesday nights. Green Fest in Chicago the following weekend is going to be HUUUUGE fun, then the week after sees the start of the women’s Juice Feast Retreat I’m facilitating at Ronora Lodge in Michigan…check out the RawReform events page for details of all these talks and more, here:

http://www.rawreform.com/component/option,com_events/task,view_month/Itemid,1/month,04/year,2007/

This evening I visited some natural hot springs – it was wonderful…now I really ‘smell like the devil’ though, as my friends in Costa Rica put it…hmmmmmm…might not be so appealing for people travelling next to me tomorrow, stinking of sulphur… ;) reminiscent for me of attempting to travel anywhere with durian…though now of course there are the odour-free durians to take out in public... ;)

All blessings,
Angela. xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment