Sunday 15 April 2007

Healing CHI style...

I awoke around 7am this morning to the sound of people enthusiastically exercising outside the room I am staying in at the Creative Health Institute. I literally had NO idea where I was…traveller’s blur had me firmly in its grip and I lay there in a daze, trying to figure it all out…who were these people and what were they doing whooping and bounding about, right outside this room I was in – and where WAS I, anyway…? It all became clear after a while of course and unfolded into a simply wonderful day for me, playing on the re-bounders too and giving a talk here at this centre that promotes ‘teaching healing that works’.

Today I have had:

2.5 litres water
plate of CHI amazing buffet food, with celery soup
slice of lemon cheesecake
2 litres water
1 cup rejuvelac
bowl of ‘waldorf salad’ with crispy kale croutons
1 litre water

I was mainly into water today. Huge amounts of it. The food at CHI is absolutely WONDERFUL though – the Sunday buffet was a great experience…I love being at these healing centres where soooo many greens are grown and served…the crispy, dehydrated kale ‘croutons’ were a new treat for me that I really enjoyed – great idea…
I REALLY enjoyed talking here too. The audience of over 50 people seemed very interested in raw foods and it was wonderful to share my story, answer peoples’ questions and enjoy the atmosphere in this healing, tranquil, restful sanctuary space…this place has been helping people heal since 1976…wow…since before I was even BORN…what a legacy of transformations…this is also the place that the Boutenkos helped out at for a long time – the raw family whose book inspired me to turn MY life around and here I was today, to pass that message on…it felt great…
I spoke a bit about Juice Feasting and people seemed to be really into that idea too - I have in fact JUST had the first run of PRINTED versions of 'A Juice Feaster's Handbook' made and this audience nearly bought me out of them :) wow...it keeps on amazing me how interested people are in this form of healing...the printed versions of this book are now also up for sale on the RawReform site, here:



http://www.rawreform.com/component/page,shop.product_details/flypage,shop.flypage/product_id,37/category_id,6/manufacturer_id,0/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,55/

Tomorrow I’m off to Chicago for talks there – Yoga Now and Cousin’s IV Restaurant, tues and weds nights…yeeeeeeeeee-HAH ;) off to the windy city I flow/go/blow…
All love,
Angela. xxx

1 comment:

  1. dear angela
    your e journal continues to inspire me!
    i just wanted to ask- since you are well into raw food and juicing and also know a lot of people who do it- do you know anyone who has been doing the raw vegan thing for over 10 years successfully? because there seems to be so much anecdotal stuff on the net about how b12 deficiency is a big issue, and nursing mothers and babies will do badly if they are strict vegans etc etc..
    i know some people "cheat" and some ppl may have more problems with their health than they would like to admit, so it's hard to know the absolute truth, but what are some of your experiences? do you think raw veganism, if done properly, can work for all body types?
    thanks babe, you truly are like my raw food guru idol chick!
    xo
    M

    ReplyDelete