Sunday 18 February 2007

Beware the Juice Banshee...

Well, well, well…WHAT a day I’ve been experiencing here…it’s been a day of intense energy for me, mostly in the form of irritation. I woke agitated and the feeling pretty much persisted for most of the day…
The energy in me was reflected back at me strongly in the weather pattern outside – wild, blustery winds, a heavy, dark, moody sky, tension in the air…the electricity flickered and the internet connections jumped…
I felt ready to explode with energy – powerful, very sharp, fearless, fierce – I drank very little compared to usual and yet was absolutely wired with power – I danced like a crazy banshee in my room to release some of it…lol…and I jogged…and I blasted through my work schedule…and I sang along SO loudly to Alanis Morrisette, wrenching out her heartache and bitterness on ‘Jagged Little Pill’…yep…it was that kind of day… ;) If anyone has any doubt that a person can still be functional after 3 months with no solid food, they should have seen me today – I felt like I could have run a marathon
…it all finally came to a head around 5.30pm, when the heavens finally broke and the rain came. It felt relieving to me. It is the first time it has rained here in weeks. Then dusk came in too and with it, a relaxing, a softening and the dissipation of all this tension…pheeeeeeeeeeeeeewww…wow, I guess one of the side-effects of juicing for so long is greater connection to nature and I surely felt that today…intense…

Today I have consumed:

500ml (1 pint) water
500ml (1 pint) orange juice with hemp oil
1 litre (1 quart) water
water of 2 old coconuts with green powder
900ml (3.5 cups) watermelon juice
1 litre (1 quart) celery/swiss chard juice with coconut water
1 tsp coconut oil
500ml (1 pint) water

which makes…around 5.2 litres of liquids today or…about 1.37 gallons…a lot of water…
I had mainly coconuts today. I could not face fruits. My descending colon said no – it is hurting at the moment – I feel like it wants a couple of days with minimal sweet things…when I went to the supermarket and tried to buy a pineapple, my colon was in strong disagreement. I stood looking round the produce area for quite some time and nothing looked like it would work except the coconuts, so…coconuts it was…I could feel the strong need for greens today too, so made straight celery and swiss chard juice and sat down to drink it with a coconut in the other hand. I was prepared for the worst – I was pretty sure the greens were going to taste foul to me. I was completely surprised to find that in fact the greens tasted great and the coconut actually tasted a bit odd…hmmm…wow – really needing greens then I guess…
I feel like at some point later this year I’d love to do another green juice fast – get off the sweet stuff totally for a number of days – maybe 10 days or so…for now, this is the penultimate day of this Feast…tomorrow is my last totally liquid day…ahhhh, the end of an era… ;)

One love,
Angela. xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment