Saturday 3 February 2007

Nasty Spinach vs. Sweet Cane...

I recently learned a cool new trick for preventing getting bitten by mosquitoes…apparently they find the flavour of Vitamin B1 unpleasant on humans, so if you want to avoid sharing your blood with a flying friend for dinner, apparently tanking it up on B1 prior to entering mosquito territory will do the trick…I looked up foods reported to have high B1 content and they include:

Spirulina, watercress, okra, asparagus, endive, green leaf lettuce, beet greens, butterhead lettuce, romaine lettuce, dandelion greens and orange juice, along with…
Wait for it…
DURIAN :)))

As IF I need any more reasons to eat durian…lol…well, there we go…just another benefit to breaking out the stinking south east Asian king of fruits ;)

Today I have had:

500ml (1 pint) water
500ml (1 pint) orange juice with hemp oil
1.7 litres (1.7 quarts) apple/beet/ginger/celery juice
1 pack sugar cane sticks
1 tbsp pollen
500ml (1 pint) water
½ pack sugar cane sticks
½ tbsp coconut oil
1.7 litres (1.7 quarts) pineapple/spinach/chard/red pepper juice
½ packet sugar cane sticks

which makes abt…5.2 litres of liquids today…or 1.37 gallons

The spinach in the last drink of the evening left me feeling nauseous in the stomach and like my throat was burning a bit…it’s really odd and unpleasant and has been occurring a few times this last couple of weeks with the organic spinach here in CR…not sure what it’s all about…it seems like maybe the produce is not really organic…either that, or my body is just starting to have had more than enough of it…perhaps I am getting an oxalic acid overload…whatever it is, it feels unpleasant and I couldn’t finish all the juice this evening poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuubg

LOL…ahhhhh, I just have to leave that outburst there – it was actually contributed by the curious paws of Rabies, the kitten who has begun to visit my house of late…we gave him that name as that is what it says on his collar (see the attached pic)…and he is one of the most personable, loving and responsive kittens I’ve ever met…he is hilarious – he loves faces, scrambled raw eggs and dangling things and just now decided to walk across my keyboard, creating this rather appropriate outburst in response to my spinach issues ;) beautiful…

I am absolutely LOVING the sugar cane sticks at the moment – they really are my favourite toy…they are sweet, without spiking my blood sugar out, easy and practical as I don’t have to do anything to prepare them, just open a packet and start chewing and I LOVE that it means my teeth get a good workout too. The fibre in sugar cane is totally indigestible – like chewing straw – so, I get to chew and chew, giving the jaw a great work-out, while releasing the yummy juice and then throw the fibre away…I really love them and am getting through about 2 packets here a day of them at the moment (which costs abt $2/£1… ;) bargain…

All love,
Angela. xxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angela. You talked about doing a parasite cleanse around day 60? what does it consist of? and do you find thats its working?
    Regards Anne

    ReplyDelete