Thursday 15 February 2007

Liquids for Life...?

I went jogging today in the glorious sunshine here – wow, summertime here in Costa Rica really is beautiful – I find it very hard to resist being out in the full wonder of it all…I hadn’t been jogging for quite some days, so decided to get active outside. I found I needed to take it quite carefully though. After feeling quite out-of-energy post-travelling with no fresh greens earlier this week, I feel like my body is still on an upwards recovery trend from there – not full-speed again yet – I ended up walking about half the time, to give my body a break…it felt good though, overall, to be back out there running again…and soaking up the sun…

Today I have had:
1 litre (1 quart) water
500ml (1 pint) orange juice with hemp oil
1.2 litres (1.2 quarts) pineapple/red pepper/celery juice
500ml (1 pint) water
1 tbsp pollen
750ml (3 cups) watermelon juice
1 packet sugar cane sticks
1 litre (1 quart) celery/red pepper/garlic/orange juice
2 tbsp green powder
water of one old coconut

which makes…about 5.5 litres of liquids today or…about 1.45 gallons
I notice that I make smaller quantities of juice these days…it used to be more like 1.5 - 2 litres/quarts at a time – now it tends to be around the 1 litre/quart mark – it just feels more ‘manageable’ to me that way – it’s enough to satisfy me, but not so much that I tire of it…I also know very clearly now which juices and combos I do and don’t like and can just stay with them – it has become less about experimenting and more just rhythmic for me, this juicy life…
I can really anticipate remaining with a high juice/liquids intake post-Feast…I just read a recent NewsTarget interview with David Wolfe actually, in which he also talks about his current lifestyle as being mainly liquidarian…here is an extract:

“…I'm way behind the current curve when it comes to making food. I just end up throwing everything into a blender, blending it up and running out the door.

You’ve got to go through a learning curve. I had this one guy who traveled with me for some time who was new to raw food and he was blending cabbage with MSM powder and water and eating it. I was dry-heaving watching him, but you know, he had to go through that learning curve of finding out what tastes good. You pretend like you know what you're doing until you figure it out -- and eventually you do.

What you can do with a blender is amazing -- I know about 50 different things I should be eating every day. You can't sit down there and eat 50 different things, but with a blender, you can throw 20 different things in there in the morning, 20 different things in there for lunch, 10 different things in for dinner -- you get it all, and then you have the most complete, rounded-out nutrition you've ever had in your life. It's a lot of fun and you can make it taste good.

People say, "Well, you know, I don't want to blend everything," but after a while you've been on this path -- the sensation of actually having to chew up all that food and then being tired after a meal is a drag. You want to have the energy to keep going and going, and therefore liquid nutrition becomes -- after a while when you're ready -- a better alternative.”

Mmmmmmmm-hmmmmmmmmmm…I hear that…well, we shall see how it all unfolds for me…I definitely don't want to miss out on chewing stuff altogether and weaken my jaw/teeth, but am loving the liquid life...
If you want to read that whole NewsTarget Wolfie interview, you can check it out here: http://www.newstarget.com/021540.html

Enjoy :)
One love,
Angela. xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment