Sunday 21 January 2007

Back to the City...

Hmmmmmmmmm…well, I’m back in the city now, after my lovely little trip up to Pacha Mama eco/spiritual/raw community in the north…it was a great experience to join in their annual 3-day river festival, chilling by the river in the heat of the north surrounded by jungle, hammocks, howler monkeys and beautiful beings :) See the pics below...





I actually wrote a whole blog entry abt all this yesterday that my crazy computer ate…so, here we go again… ;)

Ok, on Jan 19th I had…

500ml (1 pint) water
1.5 litres (1.5 quarts) green juice with celery and a little tomato
500ml (1 pint) orange juice with hemp oil
2 litres (2 quarts) watermelon juice with a little pineapple
juice of 2 green coconuts with green powder
1.5 litres (1.5 quarts) celery/apple/chard/parsley/turmeric juice

which makes…about 6.5 litres of liquids or…1.7 gallons

then on Jan 20th I had…

500ml (1 pint) water
1.2 litres (1.2 quarts) greens/carrots/celery/turmeric
1.2 litres (1.2 quarts) watermelon juice
500ml (1 pint) water
juice of one green coconut with green powder
600ml (2.5 cups) watermelon juice
1 litre (1 quart) coconut water
1.5 litres (1.5 litres) watermelon juice
½ tbsp coconut oil

which is…around 6.9 litres of fluids…or 1.82 gallons

wow…it’s amazing that I was actually getting more liquids than usual into my body while on this trip than I usually do while juice feasting…it was MUCH hotter up there in the north though, so I needed more fluids just to stay hydrated…I’m really happy to see how I managed to take care of myself and get all I needed on this trip too…I was able to use the Vitamix in the café there and it was mainly watermelon and coconut water that I was having and that was fine – very hydrating and calorie dense and I had plenty of greens too – nothing spiking my blood sugars out much…HURRAY :)))

I was also really happy that none of the food there tempted me whatsoever – I am totally in ‘juice world’ at the moment and it was no challenge at all to stay in that framework. The whole community there went raw for a while (abt 70+ people), but have reverted back to partly raw for most of their dining. Their WHOLE café/snack menu is totally raw though, which I was delighted to see – it’s SO easy to make delicious sweet treats raw, so there’s really no reason to eat any processed/baked/toxic stuff and they don’t – they are abundant and overflowing with gorgeous creations – cakes, smoothies, pizzas and a LOT of raw chocolate… ;) David Wolfe arrived shortly before I departed, amidst the delivery of a literal TRUCKLOAD of fresh cacao pods…a time for feasting on the night of their 18-hour long all-nighter riverside party…it was time for me to be on my way though – I had a really lovely, relaxing time there but was also happy to come back to my own space in San Jose, rejuvenated and refreshed from broadening my perspective with the chilled out lovelies at Pacha Mama…

Jan 20th was Day 62 for me of juice feasting…just 30 days left…eeeeeeeeeeeeek…it’s gone soooo quickly…health check: feeling great overall, still passing solids, mouth calmer now – still raised bumps on tongue, but doesn’t feel as swollen and angry, cracked/open area at side of mouth has healed, skin is throwing out a lot of junk still…

One love,
Angela. xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment