Monday 1 January 2007

New Year's Raw-solutions...

Well, here we are then, 2007…HAPPY NEW YEAR to you… :) I hope your celebrations were joyous and fulfilling…
I had a wonderful day yesterday, seeing out the old year – all very unexpected, enjoying the spontaneous flow of connecting with another raw being here in Costa Rica and venturing out of the city to explore…I got to sample raw sugar cane straight from the ground, met some bizarre freaky mutant-alien-looking clustered bugs (see picture), learned how to make DELICIOUS watermelon and pineapple juice with no equipment other than a knife, colander (strainer) and jug, walked in cloudforest, met some very entertaining lovely older Costa Rican women in the mountains and danced the new year in under the light of the moon at a water park which had been transformed into a big party space for the night…FUN :)

So…here’s what I consumed yesterday, Dec 31st, amidst the festivities…

½ litre (1 pint) water with lime juice
½ litre (1 pint) orange juice with hemp oil
1.5 litres (1 quart and 1 pint) apple/celery/greens juice
samples of: noni juice, cane juice, chlorella
juice of two young coconuts
2 tbsps pollen
1 litre (1 quart) watermelon/pineapple juice
1 tbsp hemp oil
1.6 litres (1 quart and 2.5 cups) pineapple/greens/aloe

Which be around 6 litres o’liquids or…about 1.6 gallons

The orange juice with hemp oil seemed a bit random, but my body was really asking for it, so I tried it and it was actually very nice…my sense for it was that my body is not as interested in hemp oil now as it was before and now is looking for ways to still bring in those EFAs without it feeling heavy…’cutting’ the fat with the citrus therefore seemed to work out well…the chlorella in the afternoon came in as a bit of a ‘lifesaver’ in terms of my blood sugar…I was really enjoying sucking cane juice straight from the sugarcane, then after a while realised I was a bit spun out from all the sugar. My friend gave me a dash of noni juice and some chlorella tablets and amazingly my blood sugars seemed to balance out almost instantly. It was such a great tip for me to pick up…
I also discovered that my resting heartbeat at the moment is around 60bpm (or actually probably less), which is apparently very good…nice to know…

So, moving on to today – Jan 1st…the start of WEEK 6 of juice feasting for me…and ohhhhhhhhh-so-many new year’s weight loss/getting fit/going healthy resolutions the world over…best of luck, peoples ;)
This is what was on the menu for me today:

1 litre (1 quart) water with lime
400ml (1.5 cups) coconut water with green powder
1.8 litres (1 quart and 3.5 cups) pear/turmeric/aloe/greens (YUM)
½ tbsp chlorella
250ml (1 cup) water
1tbsp pollen
1.6 litres (1 quart+2.5 cups) celery/apple/beetroot/spinach/parsley juice
500ml (1 pint) water

making…about 5.6 litres or 1.48 gallons of liquids today…

I woke verrrrrrrrrrrry late today – around midday…was talking past 3am last night, so my body was not ready to get up until late… hmmm…
The pear and greens juice in the middle of my consuming day was SOOOOOO good – a little spicy from the turmeric (good for the blood), sweet from the pears and greeeeeeeen too, it was one of the tastiest juices I’ve made so far…afterwards though, my body went into this odd state that happens sometimes, where it feels as if there is wind coming in through my ears…lol…I am aware that probably sounds peculiar…but that is the sensation and I have not yet nailed down the cause…it seems blood sugar related to me, so after the sweetness of the pears I tried the new chlorella trick and it worked again – ears were gale-free within a short time…if anyone has any ideas about this strange phenomenon, I’d love to hear them…
I’m also LOVING putting fresh aloe in my juices at the moment…I buy whole aloe leaves at the market, slice off a chunk, fillet the flesh out of it, which goes in the blender and then the remainder of the gooey magic left on the aloe skin gets rubbed into MY skin – wherever I feel needs the most healing attention that day…it’s kind of sticky, but my skin really appreciates it and it helps heal wounds FAST :)
One reader wrote and asked me today why I’m doing this juice feast…she ‘came in late’ as she put it and wasn’t quite with the plot…I replied with my reasons why and decided to share it here again too, as it’s a new year after all and a new month in the blogging archives and good to refresh the memory...so, for all you newcomers, especially, here’s what I wrote…

My main reason for doing this is that I felt like I'd reached a kind of 'plateau' with my detoxing from a 100% raw lifestyle. I still had and have old toxins and strange fat deposits and so on in my system to clear, that just weren't moving on out with a raw lifestyle alone...I was feeling like I wanted to take it to the next level. Then David Rain started to speak to me about 92 day juice feasts...I thought he was a few sandwiches short of a picnic at first, but listened and it started to make sense to me - that cleansing so long with such a HUGE and pure amount of nutrition going into the body would clear out all the old cobwebs and clutter once and for all - any parasites lurking in there, any fungal issues, old toxins, liver complaints etc etc...so...here I am...43 days in right now and loving it :)

Yep…here I am indeed…grace and gratitude to all of you who have shared this journey so far and may this new year see you unfold limitless health potential of your own…

One love,
Angela. xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment