Sunday 21 January 2007

Keeping it Simple...

I came across this wonderful quote today:

"The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine, or the slowest form of poison"

Beautiful…when so many people seem to be captivated in the midst of that slow, seeping self-poison, yesterday I took my first bus journey here in Costa Rica and had a nice surprise…one thing that really struck me was that when the driver stopped somewhere, the guys that came to hawk stuff at the windows were selling just raw stuff…slices of green mango and the BEST coconut water I’ve had here…it was so wonderful to me that all the snacks were just naturally healthy, by default…I really appreciated it…

Today I have had…

1 litre (1 quart) water
1.4 litres (1.4 quarts) watermelon juice
a packet of sugar cane sticks
500ml (1 pint) orange juice with hemp oil
½ tbsp dulse flakes
1 litre (1 quart) celery/carrot/cucumber/aloe/turmeric juice
1.2 litres (1.2 quarts) blackberry/spinach/parsley juice (INTENSE)
water of one old coconut with 2 tbsp green powder

which maketh about…5.7 litres of luscious liquids today or…1.5 gallons
The sugar cane sticks are a new favourite toy of mine – I only recently learnt that it’s possible to get packets of raw sticks of stripped down, prepared sugar cane in the supermarkets here (see picture above), that you can easily suck the juice out of, then discard the indigestible fibre…VERY cool – it’s like instant juice for me…and very yummy…I got through a whole packet of it today…like juice fast food ;) lol

My juice combos today were really simple and I felt really good abt that…I have been trying to aim towards simplicity more these last weeks with my juices (as with all in my life) and being away now camping for a while really helped me to accelerate that step to simpler things…I like the strategy of just using 3 main ingredients maximum – makes it all so much easier for the body to read and assimilate…

Some beautiful and very talented raw beings from the UK have just set up Pink Apple Retreats and sent me a message about their upcoming rejuvenation retreat in St Lucia for 9 nights, March 27th to April 6th…wow…it looks beautiful…private villa, organic food, black sand beach, snorkelling, massage, meditation, hot springs…sounds YUMMY…I do hope to make it to the Caribbean myself some point later this year for more raw exploration

I feel like my body odour is so bizarre at the moment…the smell which seemed like cake to me a few weeks back has persisted and even strengthened it seems to me…my friend told me it was sulphur from all the hot springing we did, but that was weeks back and I still notice this peculiar smell…I wonder what it is? Something hideous from my juvenile years being released perhaps…all those years of anti-perspirant sprays catching up with me ;) or…I don’t know…but it’s a very bizarre smell to me and unfamiliar…

One love,
Angela. xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment