Wednesday, 10 January 2007

Healthy Shifts...

I woke this morning after an EXTREMELY long, appreciated and restful sleep to a house with no electricity and no running water…it was interesting…luckily there was ready-squeezed orange juice and coconut water to hand to get me through a morning with no Vita-mix to juice with…it was a good reminder of the importance for me of what I’m doing for my health – there is no way at this point that something like that would stop me from getting the juice I need and staying on track with juicing…no Vita-mix? Then show me the nearest coconut tree ;)

My Interview with Sally Jesse Raphael is now available on Google Videos – see here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6501742535334801864&pr=goog-sl



I am going through a lot of shifts at the moment in my life concerning the way I connect with this physical world. In the last couple of years, there have always been certain things I have done in the mornings to being me back fully into this body and connect – prayer, meditation, yoga, reading, writing. These tools have served me immensely well. Yet of late, I have started to feel my tiredness at repeating the same activities each morning – there has been a definite shift to discover new and exciting things for myself to connect with joy. In terms of my yoga, for example, I do the Five Tibetan Rites and have done so every morning for the last two years…the maximum number of repetitions recommended for this series of movements is 21. A couple of days ago I moved myself on to 14, from 13, where I had been for a very long time – it amazes me how much difference I feel each time I simply add on one more movement to this sequence – my body feels it immediately…well, now I am 2/3rds of the way to the maximum of 21 and that feels good to me – I have set an intention to move onwards quickly over the next weeks, adding one more repetition a week perhaps, until I max out at 21 and my chakras glide into the day in resonant unison ;) It just feels good to me to shake up the energy and move my patterns on – that is SO much a part of this journey after all, letting the creativity flow and side-stepping stagnation…
(For a great site on the Five Tibetans, see: http://www.mkprojects.com/pf_TibetanRites.htm)

Today I have had:

300ml (1.5 cups) water
500ml (1 pint) orange juice with hemp oil
600ml (2.5 cups) coconut water with green powder
1 litre (1 quart) pear/celery/greens juice
2.5 litres (2.5 quarts) greens/celery/coconut water
1 tbsp hemp oil w/kelp with cayenne
500ml (1 pint) water

which makes…5.4 litres of liquids today or…about 1.43 gallons

I had two unexpected and welcome visitors today – one a friend-of-a-friend just arrived from England who is on her way to visit Pacha Mama – a raw-friendly ecovillage settlement further north here in Costa Rica, which holds many amazing retreats – hope to get there sometime soon…and the other visitor was a really sweet massage therapist who came for an appointment and while he waited to do that, decided to give me some impromptu reflexology. It was GREAT – really appreciated and relaxing and I learnt some more things about this body – apparently my overall health is very good right now – there was nothing that stood out for him – he said I seemed very relaxed and healthy. Hurrah… :)

All blessings,
Angela. xxx

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on all of the progress! I only just started reading your blog now and have been happily catching up.

    I was 100% raw for about 4 years until my adrenal difficulties worsened (due to stress rather than anything dietary) and I went back to cooked foods to gain weight. But I do aspire to be raw again eventually, and reading about your journey has helped.

    Do you have any advice for people looking to go partially or fully raw on a tight budget? I love green smoothies and coconuts but they are expensive here in Southern Illinois. Sooner or later, I'd like to have a garden with my own fresh greens and maybe sprouted quinoa for the winters. Thanks in advance for any ideas, and good luck with the rest of the FEAST!

    Love and Healing,

    Treesong

    P.S. You are so beautiful, inside and out! Are you single? ;) I'll bet you get that question a lot, maybe you should add it to the FAQ section of your site... :)

    ReplyDelete