Sunday 28 January 2007

Mud, mud, glorious mud...

Helloooooooooooooooo,
Have just got back from a trip to the North again to visit some mud baths, get some heat and go horseriding ;) So, this is a bit of a catch-up blog for the last couple of days…

On Jan 26th I drank:

1 litre (1 quart) water
1 litre (1 quart) orange juice with hemp oil
1 tbsp pollen
1.5 litres (1.5 quarts) starfruit juice
1 litre (1 quart) blackberry/apple/spinach/parsley/lettuce juice
1 packet sugar cane sticks
1 litre(1 quart) mozote juice
1 litre (1 quart) coconut water with greens powder
500ml (1 pint) ‘5000 volts’ orange/celery/garlic/red pepper/hot pepper juice
250ml (1 cup) water

which makes 7.5 litres of liquids in a day…or…1.98 gallons… which is a HUGE amount…lol…WOW…nearly 2 gallons in one day…I think that may be the most I’ve had in one day during this feast…I was surprised how nice the Starfruit juice was...I don't usually like them so much, but it felt good to me - not dissimilar to orange juice...
We bought juices from the juice bar in downtown San Jose today, which was primarily why I ended up with so much fluids ;) It was SO exciting to just have juice that someone else had already made, I got 2.5 litres right there…I LOVE their ‘5000 volts’ recipe – it’s not a combination I would ever think to put together for myself, but works so well…we lamented the fact that this juice bar is not closer to my current abode…that would be SO convenient…
So, we wanted to go away from San Jose for a while, as it was quite cloudy and cold and made the sudden decision to go north to the mud baths of Rincon de la Vieja…and off we went :) My friend travels VERY light and it was fun for me to try that out too…I often travel with a lot of things and it felt very liberating to go with a bare minimum of essentials and just hit the road…we got on some buses and a few hours later found ourselves up in the chilled and lovely town of Liberia.
On the journey we talked a lot. It was late and as we chatted I drifted into a semi-awake state – an altered state of consciousness and actually had one of the most profound spiritual experiences of my life so far…it is a little hard for me to put into words, so bear with me here…it was also very challenging for me to come out of that space and back to ‘this world’…it was so exquisite…my friend had asked me what I feel my energy will mainly be directed into during the rest of my time here on Earth…as I started to answer in my semi-awake, semi-dormant state, the energy came through with immense clarity and the feeling I had was that absolute truth was being directed through me at that point…my sense for what is ‘me’ rapidly fell away, piece by piece and it felt like every word that came forth from my mouth was a little droplet of truth falling out into the endless expanse of eternity…I’ve never experienced such an intense connection, yet it felt absolutely benign and comfortable…beautiful…hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…

Ok, then on the next day – Jan 27th – I had…

250ml (1 cup) water
250ml (1 cup) sugar cane juice
water of 3 young coconuts
1 gallon/4 litres of orange juice
water of 1 young coconut with green powder
1 tbsp kelp with cayenne
water of 2 young coconuts w green powder
water of 2 young coconuts

…which would be around…7.25 litres or…1.9 gallons…again… ;) it’s very funny to me that on the days when I’m away from a juicer and therefore holding a little bit of fear abt where juice is going to be coming from, I’m actually drinking MORE juice than I normally do when at home…lol…so, no fresh greens today, only green powder, but I felt fine…an absurd amount of orange juice and lashings of fresh coconut water sustained me…the travelling light thing has been such a great experiment for me…I think back to a similar trip to the north a few weeks back, with the HUGE cooler box I brought along and Vitamix, etc etc…this trip I just have a small backpack and that’s pretty much it…such a contrast :) and I’ve been absolutely fine…wow…so great to know that I can really provide comfortably for myself, even like this…and I didn’t feel sugar-spiked at all, or any blood imbalances or pancreas pain…just very FULL from so much OJ …lol…
I drank a huge amount of the OJ before we went out on a horse-riding trip to some mud baths…it was an interesting experience :) I was full of juice, sloshing around on top of a horse who was having competition issues going on with my friend’s horse…we jostled along, each horse vying to be in front, sometimes cantering, mostly meandering and I found my behind became EXTREMELY sore from bobbling around on the saddle…it’s a long time since I last went horse-riding and it was a bit of a shock for my body…it was fun though and we arrived out in the national park at the mud baths, where we sauna-ed, got painted with fresh volcanic mud, then soaked in an amazing mineral-rich pool of geothermal water…mmmmmmmmmm…yummy…my skin felt very soft and smooth afterwards and it was great to get out of the city again for a while ;)

All blessings,
Angela. xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment