Monday 22 January 2007

New Perspectives...

My friend arrived today for a visit from the States and brought down exciting things like raw honey, coconut oil and pollen…I was so happy to have new toys again to play with :) It was also fun to start juicing again with someone else – different combos/ideas/tastes…it was fun to go to the supermarket with him and experience things here through the eyes of someone fresh to Costa Rica…the joys of discovering different produce and how things are around half the price they are in the US…we’re on day 64 of feasting and going strong ;) He says he notices big differences in me since we last met a couple of months back - physically he says I seem much smaller and 'sleeker' than before and in my being he says I seem more quiet, calm and relaxed...very interesting for me to hear...

Today I have had:

750ml (3 cups) water
500ml (1 pint) orange juice with hemp oil
1 litre (1 quart) spinach/parsley/lettuce/blackberries/aloe
½ tbsp green powder
1.2 litres (1.2 quarts) watermelon juice
300ml (1.5 cups) coconut water with green powder
1.25 litres (1 quart and 1 cup) watermelon juice
2 tbsp pollen and honey
2 litres (2 quarts) celery/spinach/parsley/beet greens/pineapple juice

which is…7 litres of liquids today or…around 1.85 gallons…wow, that’s a LOT…lol…I drank a lot of greens late tonight, which I don’t usually do anymore…I felt quite sugar-spiked though from the honey before that, so it felt good to get lots of greens in for balance…I also felt unusually hungry during the day today – like I had a big desire and need for calories…I juiced a WHOLE watermelon today…wow…I was also ‘eating’ green powder straight from the jar, it tasted so good to me…which is odd, as often it tastes so strong, but now my body is really resonating with it, which I’m really happy to witness…

Something interesting has started to occur for me in the last few days in that I have begun to become interested in solid foods again – slowly, slowly, the interest is starting to creep back in and it feels very natural and gently progressive…like by the time I get to day 92, it will feel right and time to get back to it – like things are just moving along at a great pace…until now, there has really been so little interest in solids for me, but the last few days I’ve been thinking more along the lines of how it’s going to be enjoyable to just pick up and eat a piece of fruit for example, without the effort of juicing it first…I do have fear coming up though about the possibility of starting to eat stuff and getting totally captured by it and ending up eating large amounts of things, less than optimal combinations and so on…I feel secure knowing there is a ‘feast breaking protocol’ to follow, but am definitely a little wary of potentially jumping in way too far too fast with solids and getting carried away…

All love,
Angela. xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment