Saturday 13 January 2007

Day 55...and all is well...

Well, today has been a great first day in my new place. I am feeling relaxed and productive, peaceful and happy…I went out for an exploratory jog/walk in the afternoon to get a sense of my surroundings and it seems like a nice area...

I also sat out in the sun to drink some juice this morning…wow…it’s a looooooong time since I did that – I just haven’t been living in places with very easy access to the outside – most houses here have many layers of security…the last place I was in had 3 locked gates to get through, just to get to the front door…lol…anyway, here there is a courtyard area where I sat and basked in the sun today as I drank green juice – it felt REALLY good – a great love-bath of solar energy…

Today I have had:

750ml (3 cups) water
500ml (1 pint) orange juice with hemp oil
2 litres (2 quarts) apple/celery/ginger/aloe/carrot/greens juice
1 litre (1 quart) watermelon juice
2 tbsp pollen
1 litre (1 quart) carrot/greens/aloe/katuk/cucumber/lemon juice, with green powder
250ml (1 cup) water

which is 5.5 litres of liquids or…1.45 gallonshmmmm, just barely over the 1 gallon threshold today – it’s always a bit of a challenge to work out how to do things in a new place and today was no exception, from the ‘how does this shower work?’ game to the ‘which key was for this door?’ conundrum to getting into a new juicing rhythm in a different environment, it all took more time than usual, but I got in my gallon nonetheless ;)

I’m experiencing some really unpleasant cleansing reactions on my tongue right now - it's like my whole tongue is a little swollen and tender and all over it there are little raised pinkish-red bumps. There is also a film of nasty-looking white/green stuff on it in areas and at times and I don't have a tongue scraper here and also feel like it would really irritate it to use a tongue scraper anyway right now - feels tender...also the sides of my mouth feel very dry and cracked...when I drink juices, I have the feeling that they taste 'peppery'...it’s all rather unpleasant and I have the feeling that, as usual, it is to do with an imbalance of sweet things for my body – that is partly why I stirred extra green powder into my green juice this evening, to try to balance that out a bit. I think it is also partly just a healing/relaxing effect after a very full-on week – my body is now letting go…we’ll see how it feels tomorrow…

More questions have been coming in:

What kind of green powder do you use?
At the moment I am using a home-made blend of many different green powders, like VitaMineral Green, pure alfalfa powder, barley grass powder, spinach powder, spirulina, chlorella and some other things – all blended together - it is very potent. My FAVOURITE green powder though is Greener Grasses – really yummy, especially if you use it with fresh coconut water – then it tastes kind of malty… ;)

Do u take a multivitamin? Do u feel it is necessary to take a multivitamin?
No and no. My fresh raw juices are my multivitamin supplements – they contain almost all this body needs, in the most assimilable form. My feeling about multivitamins in general is that there is a tendency for people to attempt to use them as an easy cure-all/cover-all...i.e. a mentality along the lines of 'I'll definitely be ok eating these doughnuts and taking these antibiotics, 'cos I use this multivitamin...' ...it is a very outdated and ill-informed choice, as I see it...raw fresh juices daily offer FAR more in the way of accessible nutrients.

Do u have any tips on opening coconuts?
Errrrrrrrrm…yeah, get someone else to do it for you ;) preferably a strong guy with a machete – that’s my approach…failing that, with the young green/orange ones here, I just get hold of a machete or big heavy knife and hack away until I hit the middle, or if I have the old brown ones, that’s much easier – use a screwdriver and maybe hammer to knock through the eyes (at least two) and drain the liquid into a vessel…If it’s the young Thai coconuts you’re dealing with, everyone seems to have a different approach with them – I’d suggest you take a look at this page HERE for a good pictoral guide though…

In truth and with integrity.
One love,
Angela. xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment