Thursday 7 December 2006

An attitude of gratitude...

I just want to say how much I’m enjoying this process of blogging. I never quite understood the ‘point’ of blogs before writing this one myself, but now I really appreciate it. It gives me a space to express and record what I’m experiencing, plus makes the whole process more ‘accountable’ and visible, so others can benefit from it too…so, thanks for being part of this journey :)

Today I have consumed:

1 litre (1 quart) water with lime juice
200ml (1 cup) tangerine juice
300ml (1.5 cups) water with lime
1.5 litres (1 quart and 1 pint) ‘garden juice’ (lettuce, spinach, parsley, radish, beetroot, green beans, broccoli)
200ml (1 cup) orange juice
1.25 (1 quart and 1 cup) litres pineapple, celery, spinach and mint juice
300ml (1.5 cups) ‘garden juice’
1 litre (1 quart) mango, cilantro and lime water

which would be…hmmmmmm…5.75 litres of liquids today (abt 1.5 gallons). WOW…so many yummy things today…we are so blessed. The tangerine juice in the morning was EXCEPTIONAL – so sweet and creamy. The pineapple and greens concoction in the afternoon was such a welcome way for me to disguise the daily celery (I’ve never liked it) and the mango water in the evening was a yummmmy treat too, based on the suggestion from David Rain yesterday…though bizarrely it was reminiscent of…chicken…to me…LOL…

In response to yesterday’s blog comment question about how to produce juice with a Vitamix, here’s the way we do it…
We chop down all the veg or fruit into chunks, then fill the Vitamix with those chunks, to near the top. We then add in enough water (or coconut water, or beet juice, etc) so that the blades will be covered as it starts to chop the produce down. From the outside of the jug, this may look like a couple of inches of water or thereabouts… We blend the mixture on low, for the shortest amount of time possible, just enough that it is completely liquefied. Then we transfer it in batches to a nut milk bag hanging over a large, open-mouthed glass jar and squuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeze :) Very good arm exercise and the whole process is so quick and easy to clean up…we love it :)

Today I wrote an article all about juice feasting for a UK-based alternative lifestyle magazine – it’s so exciting that people seem to really be catching on to this idea of juice feasting as an amazing healing tool. I receive emails from people daily now who are feeling inspired to take this path themselves – wow – ALL power to you all…

I was kind of shocked today to realise I’ve been juice feasting now for 18 DAYS…that’s longer than I’ve ever fasted on anything…I’ve been so much focused on the overall structure of this programme and the fact that I’m in this for 92 days, that I hadn’t really even noticed how amazing it is that I’ve done 18 days of this now already…this is easily a ‘personal record’ for me for being off solids…I think the longest I’ve fasted before was 10 days, earlier this year, on green juices...and that was a very different experience – I was on small amounts of juice and in a very fast-paced, high-energy environment…I was quite exhausted most of the time during that…what a contrast to today – I’m 18 days into this and have today completed two whole writing projects, been jogging and shopping, done yoga and taken good time for myself and still have plenty of energy to write this now at nearly 11pm…

That’s enough for now though ;)
All blessings to you,
Angela. xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment