Thursday 28 December 2006

Back at basecamp...

...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…back in the city now, back at the place I’m staying in San Jose…hmmmmmmmmmmm…feels really good actually to be back – to bring that yummy relaxed and refreshed feeling here with me, get home, do my laundry, unpack, back to juicing with a Vitamix and down to business answering all the unanswered emails of the last week or so…and back to blogging in sync again hopefully now too ;)

…on Dec 27th I had:

1 litre (1 quart) water
1.5 tbsp green powder
2 litres (2 quarts) greens/celery/pineapple juice
1 litre (1 quart) water
1 tbsp pollen
water of 1 old coconut
½ litre (1 pint) coconut water w/green juice and green powder
1 tbsp kelp with cayenne
1 tbsp hemp oil
water of 1 old coconut

making about 5.5 liters of liquids…or abt 1.45 gallons

This was a really relaxing day for me – I woke well-rested at the hot springs resort, spent the day soaking in yet more healing waters, sweating my pores empty in the steam dungeon and juicing, then headed into the nearby town for some old coconut action…I am really appreciating taking some ‘real’ time out these last few days from work – what an unexpected and lovely Christmas gift that has been to myself…to just take time away from the computer, chill and get fresh perspectives on things…yummy :)

Then today – Dec 28th – I had:

1 litre (1 quart) water
1 tbsp kelp granules with cayenne (LOVING that product)
1.75 litres (1 quart and 3 cups) greens/celery/pineapple/blackberry juice
juice of 2 orange coconuts
250ml (1 cup) water
2 tbsp pollen
1 tbsp hemp oil
250ml (1 cup) orange juice
1.5 litres (1 quart and 1 pint) guanabana juice with greens.
500ml (1 pint) water

which be…abt 6.5 litres of liquids or…abt 1.7 gallons…marvellous…

We travelled back to San Jose today through many beautiful little towns and winding hillside clusters…we stopped in one little place and I felt such peace there…it was beautiful and realy inspired me …just a very little, sweet hillside community – the kind of place where it feels unlikely that anyone locks their doors, kids safely play out in the streets and people all say ‘hello’ as they pass each other…I loved the feeling of simplicity there and hope to find a nourishing little place like that to dwell for a while myself sometime soon…

So…day 39 I believe today…am kind of losing track…how am I feeling…? Well, primarily amazed and delighted to have made it through a 6-day road trip with no real hassles in terms of getting enough juice and feeling good…THAT is a very useful thing for me to know I can do and to be able to share with others…I’m also feeling good that this feels just so much a way of life for me now – before I was ‘in it’, it all seemed a bit ‘huge’ and intimidating from the outside…now I’m in here, in juicing world…it just seems so very natural and easy…the only thing that really makes me consider the desire to eat again at the moment is the thought of durian ;)
We stopped by the supermarket this evening on the way back in to the city and OMG – they have organic pears and apples now…I was soooo happy…for anyone not living here in Costa Rica and trying to ‘eat’ organic, this may not seem like a very big deal, but for me, this is HUGE – I have been really craving pears and they just aren’t available here – nearly all the fruit is HEAVILY sprayed here…so, I was completely delighted to find a whole new section of organic pears and apples from the US on display in the supermarket…they are extremely expensive by CR standards – about $2 per fruit, but sooooo worth it to me right now… :)
I am also DELIGHTED to say that many people have been contacting me in the last few weeks to express their interest in juice feasting themselves, starting January…I applaude and support you all. I am helping those who are interested in having contact with others to join together. One member of this group – Stephanie - has created a new blog space to support the journeying of those interested – you can check it out here:

http://barenecessitiescafe.blogspot.com/

So, check that out if you want to get connected and also, as before, anyone interested in having their email address added to a list of people for juice feasting, so that you can collectively support each other, you can write to me at rawreform@rawreform.com and I’ll add you on to the email list to be shared...

All love to you all for now :)
Angela. xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment