Tuesday 19 December 2006

One month in...

DAY 30 :O …wow…a month in…about 1/3rd of the way through…WOW…and what a BLESSING to be back in the land of fully-functional blogging, after the last week of not being able to publish… Blogger.com had this blog locked up while they tested it for spam, but have now thankfully released it… did you think I’d fallen off the juicy joy wagon and plummeted head first into the nearest fast food joint…? LOL…nope…still going strong and happy here…as you can read if you take a look below through what I’ve been experiencing the last 8 days or so, offline…I wrote every day still, even though it was not possible to publish my meanderings – I love blogging now… :)

Today I have had:

1 litre (1 quart) water with lime juice
2 litres (2 quarts) celery/greens/pineapple/blackberry juice
3 tbsp pollen
250ml (1 cup) of the gloopy-linseed-water-like stuff (still don’t know the name in English)
water of one green coconut
500ml (1 pint) water
2tbsp hemp oil
1.5 litres (1 quart and 1 pint) greens with coconut water

making…about 5.75 litres or 1.5 gallons of fabulous fluids today…

I woke really low in energy today, on all levels – physically it felt hard to do my yoga, emotionally it felt hard to feel any joy and spiritually it felt hard to connect or feel love. Wow. It was pretty ‘blank’ overall and bleak…I felt frustration too, at almost all around me – like nothing satisfied me and all was difficult in some way…fortunately I found a way to bring myself round out of this lull…I went and made lashings of juice and while doing so, poked around on YouTube for entertainment, to lift my spirits and get me laughing – I found the perfect remedy, in the form of this clip from ‘Olde English Comedy’:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8NuFlwbkCU

I’d never heard of these guys before, but they got me laughing out loud and into a loving space again today, which then persisted for the rest of the day, so I’m definitely full of gratitude for their contributions…There’s lots of other clips from them on there too – I love it…check out the 'Peanut Butter’s Birthday' song for example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM33DIHAmH8

Today I felt ‘restrictions’ around being on this feast that I had not noticed so much until now – namely

1. I am feeling a strong desire to go and travel and see more of Costa Rica, but feel a bit inhibited by my daily juicing requirements…hmmmmm…how to travel with juicer/blender/produce in an unfamiliar country where organic produce is hard to find and enjoy 60 more days of juicing…
2. I saw THE most enormous, incredible-looking guanabana fruit I’ve ever seen today as we strolled around the produce markets…as I was marvelling at it, the vendor happily carved me off a chunk of guanabana from another fruit…which of course I didn’t eat, but would have soooooo enjoyed…hmmmm…

Bizarrely, I have also begun to notice that MOST food now smell interesting to me – including cooked food smells. I find this very curious. A few months back, as a raw food EATER, I did not find the smells of cooked food appealing – rather more, they mostly smelt dead and greasy and odd to me…now, in this feasting state, I am finding nearly ALL food smells appealing…odd…I suspect perhaps it has smthg to do with the fact that raw food simply doesn’t smell as much and actually, I don’t come into contact with very much of it at all here in comparison to the abundant cooked food smells on the streets here…hmmmm...let me be clear here though - there is no way I can imagine I would actually EAT even any raw foods right now, let alone anything cooked - that is not a question for me - it just interests me to notice myself finding such smells appealing again...

Feeling great overall tonight - happy to still be feasting, happy to be back online and happy to feel healthy :)
All love for now,
Angela. xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment