Wednesday 27 December 2006

A Juicy Christmas...

Helloooooooooooooooooooooo again,
Hope you're having an enjoyable Holiday season...I'm having a great time still on the road here in Costa Rica and will give another quick update of the last few days here for now...

Here's what I had on Dec 24th - Christmas Eve -

5ooml (1 pint) water
1 litre (1 quart) coconut water with green powder
2 tbsp pollen
2 tbsp hemp oil
1.5 litres (1 quart and 1 pint) water
lots of powdered seaweeds
400ml (1.5 cups) mamey juice
juice of 1 green coconut
1.5 litres (1 quart and 1 pint) of greens/celery juice

Which would be 5.5 litres or 1.45 gallons of liquids...

This was a pretty amazing day for me, as we actually walked about 8 miles through rainforest today on our journeys between 2 hot springs...and until the evening, I had really taken so little into my body and yet was doing so well - my energy was great. With hindsight, I suspect this was because I took mamey on the hike with me to juice with the nut milk bag and so was powered mainly off that sugar fruit most of the day, which easily sustained me for all that exercise...the hot springs out in the national park today were really beautiful - very 'natural' and healing places...I really appreciated the first one we visited in particular - there I laid down in the healing waters and went into deep meditation in the sun, feeding love and joful blessings to all my friends and family for Christmas time...it was a beautiful experience for me...
By the time we made it to the nearest big town to find somewhere to sleep for the night, it was really late - I didn't end up making green juice until abt 11pm...then it was nearly Christmas Day, so I took the juice out on the street to the nearby huge church which dominated the town and was the central plaza for the residents...I sat and drank greens as midnight came and wished people 'feliz navidad' on the streets...then, to bed...

On Dec 25th, Christmas Day, I had the following...

250ml water
1 litre greens/celery/pineapple juice
1 litre greens/celery with honey (yum)
lots of powdered seaweeds
3 tbsps pollen
1 litre of mamey juice (uh-ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)
water of 2 green coconuts
500ml water
750ml water with green powder

making about 5 litres of liquids or...approx. 1.3 gallons...

Hmmmmm...today my energy took a SERIOUS slump...I'm learning so much about how this body works on this feast...the day started out so well with plenty of greens, but then in the afternoon, while we were travelling, I juiced a whole big mamey and drank it and then got very messed up...what I am seeing is that I can only really handle sugars in the context of exercise - before or after exercise yes, sitting still in a car, no. BIG no...I really have to use that sugar energy or it drains me totally...I seriously SLUMPED...if I was looking to re-create that stereotyped Christmas after-lunch slump, I certainly did it with this juice...wow...I was wiped...could barely focus and later felt bloated, shaky and very weak. I took green powder into my body, did an enema and went to bed early... yep...the whole Christmas thing didn't really happen for me this year...hmmmm...that felt absolutely fine though - I don't think I've ever felt less like it was Christmas at this time of year in fact...

on Dec 26th I had...

500ml (1 pint) water
1.5 litres (1 quart and 1 pint ) greens/celery with carrot
2 tbsp pollen
juice of one old coconut
1 litre (1 quart) water
seaweed powders
1 tbsp hemp oil
1.5 litres (1 quart and 1 pint ) pineapple juice with greens
1.5 litres (1 quart and 1 pint ) water

making about 6.5 litres in total...or abt 1.7 gallons...

hmmmm...interesting experiment with pineapple today...we moved on to another hot spring resort during the day today and by the evening time my energy was low and I wanted to lift it up before going into the steam dungeon or hot springs, otherwise I might get very drained. I asked my body what it wanted and it said pineapple with greens. I was cautious after the total sugar slump of yesterday, but went with it and it was amazing - I felt no pain, no issues whatsoever, in fact I felt great. I went and sat in the healing waters and steam for hours and it felt great. My feeling is that this was a combination of the fact that I USED the sugar energy immediately in my sweating in the heat, plus pineapple seems to really suit my body. (I was once given a food chart by an amazing woman who used dowsing to determine which foods are suitable/unsuitable for me, on a scale from -10 for very bad for me to +10 for very good for me. Of all foods she listed, pineapple was the only one that came out for me at +10, as I recall...interesting...) So, I'm delighted to see that I can at least handle that without slumping...though I'm obviously not going to want to be having pineapple EVERY day, so if I can maybe find smthg else that doesn't mess me up - smthg not ultra-sugary, that will be great for me...berries feel like a good potential option...
I'm also interested to notice that my passion and thirst for hemp oil is starting to shift down gears now. When it first arrived, I felt like I could easily drink a bottle straight - I guess I was really needing some good EFAs...now I feel more satiated with it and like I don't really desire it every day...so interesting to see the shifts going on in my body...living like this makes it all so stark - seeing how this body reacts to different things and shows me what it wants/needs...fascinating...

Ok, that's enough mini-updating for now...will hopefully be back to regular updating again from tomorrow if I get back to the city...
All blessings and love to all for now,
Angela. xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment