Tuesday 5 December 2006

Spiritual ponderings...


The pineapple-with-greens drink pictured here that we enjoyed this afternoon was FANTASTIC – the combination of the pineapple with the softer greens felt SO GOOD and was also such a beautiful colour ;)
I am feeling great overall at the moment – I slept well for 8 hours last night and woke feeling bright, though bizarrely the whites of my eyes were PINK…??? Not sure what that was about and have never seen my body do that before, but it soon went away, so…I guess more cleansing just playing itself out… :)

Today I’ve had:

½ litre (1 pint) water with lime juice
½ litre (1 pint) blackberry juice
600ml (2.5 cups) coconut water with green powder and pollen
1tsp flax oil
600ml (2.5 cups) guyaba and goji juice
400ml (1.5 cups) orange juice
1 litre (1 quart) pineapple-spinach-parsley juice
½ litre (1 pint) coconut water
1 litre (1 quart) water
1.25 litres (1 quart and 1cup) greens with beetroot and radish

making…6.35litres of liquids or…about 1.7 gallons…GREAT :) The guyaba and goji concoction was interesting…we soaked the gojis overnight, then juiced them with fresh local guyaba and the soak water from the gojis together…I had the feeling my body was receiving some interesting nutrients from this combo – both wild fruits from un-cultivated sources…
David Rain also gave me some good feedback today about my current interest in fruits rather than greens – he said:

“This is because you are exercising more - which is great - but you are burning through more carbohydrates and are in need of re-supplying your "carbohydrate fuel tank." Just make sure that you get in 2lbs of green leafys and a head of celery each day, and you are set.”

…that was nice to read :) I feel more reassured now that I’m not on some crazy sugar-bender that will ultimately undermine my health rather than promote it…

I am mainly noticing today that I feel less connected spiritually while feasting like this than I do in 'normal life'...curious...I had somewhat anticipated the reverse...so many people fast for more spiritual clarity, but I’m finding that it feels actually more challenging for me to accept the universal energy flow through my structure right now than usual - like I'm more vulnerable in this state and the amplitude needs to be toned down...I have also begun to notice that I walk around with my hand held over my thymus – the place on the chest between the 4th and 5th chakras – the ‘spiritual chakra’ as some refer to it…interesting – it’s like I’m unconsciously trying to protect myself energetically…my dear friend Jeanette, the Living Alchemist suggests that it could possibly be a result of a lack of overall spontaneity involved in what I’m currently engaged in – i.e. because I have chosen to juice feast for 92 days, my spirit may not feel so free within each individual moment to participate fully in flow – there is an ‘imposed strategy’ overawing the unfoldings…I can resonate with that suggestion…it feels to me that it’s likely a combination of this idea and also from a more physical point of view, simply a lowered capacity to accept ‘high voltage’ energy from the universe right now into this structure…hmmmmmm…I'm also considering the fact that it might be that the energy flow is actually no different and what has perhaps changed instead is the bodily sensations I experience as it comes through me - perhaps it just feels more impactful when I'm eating solid foods because there are literally more 'blocks' in my structure for it to bounce off...living on juice-fuel changes that and perhaps then the energy just flows through me so effortlessly that I barely feel it...an analogy might be a squeaky door - if the door to my pantry has always been squeaky, then someone oils it and it doesn't squeak anymore, it doesn't make the door any less efficient at giving me access to the pantry, it's just a different experience to use it...smoother... :) well, whatever the underlying cause, it’s interesting for me to observe this phenomenon…

all blessings, one love,
Gela. xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment